Who's Seeing Infinity War?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sarah200, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
    3. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Got my tickets booked for Thursday or Saturday will have to check....
      looking forward to this film.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I'm going on Friday, the first reviews are out and they are very good a lot of critics' are saying it's better than Star Wars films!!!! I can't wait I'm soooooooo excited:popcorndrink:

All hail Thanos:p

5. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree, hopefully it’ll be amazing. I’m going tomorrow thought I had booked tickets for Saturday but I hadn’t.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I'm seeing it Friday so we can give our take after I've seen it so to not spoil it for me since you're seeing it first. I have friends who are seeing it at midnight tonight!!, I've told them to not tell me anything as I don't want it spoiled, I've also kept away from Twitter and stayed away from searching Infinity War to not read any spoilers.

Friday overall is a good day for me, seeing Infinity War at 9:45am screening, then when I have seen the film which should finish around 12:30 I'm hoping that my assignment results for uni have been released then also on Friday they are releasing the first proper trailer for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so a win win on Friday plus shopping after Infinity War:)

• Like Like x 1
    7. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      @Sarah200 Have to chip in here and say I'm really glad you're so enthusiastic about a movie and that your waiting is nearing end. I don't recall being so enthusiastic over any movie, ever, probably.

It's so palpable, your excitement over Infinity War. That positive vibe is contagious. Here's hoping you love it! Have a grand time.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      So, I'm going to see it today at 12:00pm rather than tomorrow as my mom is able to go with me today as she keeps me calm as I know it's important to not let my nerves get the better of me, I shall update you all later. Wish me luck

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

I only got Tickets for Sunday, so I guess I'm leaving the Internet until then. Have Fun! :)

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Just got back from seeing Infinity War, it was amazing, I won't spoil anything until those who are seeing it have seen it then we can talk about it.

The film itself was fantastic and everything I hoped for and let's put its this way I'm glad Thanos is not real;)

The question is how is my tinnitus? Well right now normal and no spike so yay but I won't be going to the cinema again as I wore the plugs but I could still hear my T even above the film so found it hard to concentrate, I could even hear my own breath, so I'm not sure if I had put the plugs a bit further down than you're supposed to or if my ears just don't like plugs. I also noticed before the film started when the screen went black just before it started my T was very loud with the plugs so I think my T goes louder with plugs in, plus they were not comfy after about 2hrs, I still really enjoyed the film though and could not believe I was actually seeing Thanos on screen:D.

I ran out after it finished so I could take my plugs out and my ears instantly felt better and my T went back to normal, I think that I would have been fine without plugs but didn't want to take the risk but all other films I will be happy to wait till DVD release.

I'm glad to have seen it and that I don't need to worry about my ears anymore so you were all right my T is fine after the cinema but I didn't expect the plugs to block out that much that I could still hear my T above the film and I think it was due to once I put the plugs in my T went louder but as soon as I took them out my T went back to normal , so overall I'm very happy now I can focus on passing my exams to get onto next year:)

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Forgot to ask what else could I use for protection if my ears don't like plugs? Muffs, headphones?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
    13. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I really enjoyed it as well. I won’t spoil anything for anybody that’s going to see it but it was amazing. Looking forward to the next one. I’m happy you went and enjoyed it Sarah :D
      I was the same with earplugs, I didn’t find them uncomfortable but I could hear my T more and it’s happened every time I wear them. Maybe custom plugs are better in this regard, think I’ll invest in some.

14. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Think you’ll really enjoy it, won’t spoil anything for you man.

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Fully agree with JCB it was amazing and you'll love it Zug, there were a few things I didn't expect or should I say a character I did not expect so keep glued, but overall It was well worth the wait.

JCB, I was the same did not understand why my T went louder with the plugs and I was wearing the Alpine ones, I was wondering if maybe custom are better as they will fit better? Otherwise I don't understand why they made my T louder.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The gold filters in the Alpines are simply too strong for the cinema. They are designed for more of a nightclub environment. You will mainly sit and listen to your T with that amount of reduction in a cinema as per your experience. Custom plugs are in a different league for comfort and controlling the amount of reduction required. For the cinema the 10db filters work brilliantly.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      That explains why I could hear my tinnitus but my right ear still hurt with them in and I had used that olive oil spray you recommended Ed but my right ear still hurt so I don't think they fitted in my right ear I think maybe custom is what I need as then they are made for my ears

18. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The film was better than I expected, enjoyed the story as well, plus amazing effects. I used the party plugs and have had the same issues, I’m definitely going to try another pair of plugs.

19. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Wore ear plugs, movie was so freaking loud! Like louder than I ever remember it being. I just used Mack’s silicone ear plugs.

On the drive home we stopped at store. I’m in car in silence and no increase in tinnitus noticed so far!

The movie was so funny and fun! Anyone else see it yet?

20. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Just saw this post! Just got out of movies! Was such a good movie! Wore Mack’s silicone ear plugs! How was your experience @Sarah200

• Like Like x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      The film, I loved it and every bit was worth the 10yr journey we have been on with Marvel, they delivered Thanos very well and can't wait for next year to see what happens next.

The only downside was my plugs I could still hear my tinnitus over the film but I never had a spike after so am still happy but think I need custom plugs.

22. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      @Sarah200 yeah I was really surprised with the ending. I love Guardians of Galaxy, there was good humor in the film.

I could hear my t in my right ear the whole time and worried I’d get a spike but it didn’t happen! So that’s good for us both!

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      There is so much I wanna say like my favourite scene was right at the beginning but I don't want to spoil it for other members who have not seen it yet I know that Zug is seeing it today, I was not surprised by the ending as I knew Thanos was going to be better than any Marvel Villain (I read the comics when I was young) and I knew we were gonna see why he's the best villain.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Hey @Sarah200 , A friend sent me this video. Watch it at about 7:30. The Hulk talking about his Tinnitus. If he can be onscreen, you surely can watch whatever you want. ;)

Acoustic Neuroma - Mark Ruffalo's Story -...

• Hug Hug x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Thanks, Zug interesting, just goes to show have faith and all will be well with T

• Agree Agree x 1