Why Does It Take So Long to Find a Cure :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RaZaH, Mar 5, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. RaZaH

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Reykjavík, Iceland
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      • Funny Funny x 2
    2. marqualler

marqualler Member Benefactor

Minneapolis, MN
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Blake

Blake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well since there is so little awareness in society in regards to hearing damage/tinnitus, as compared to teaching kids about drugs, sex, etc; there's probably just as much little research done to cure it.

So many people I have talked to have no idea what tinnitus is and have never experienced it.
    4. John G

John G Member

That's so true. I have two brothers that I mentioned to them I have tinnitus and they said they have never heard of it. Also, they have no remorse for me having this condition.Having support from others (loved ones,friends etc) really helps I think. Having no support does not help. Sorry for babbling
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Avoid things like these...... They damage the sensitive ear nerve

Pro Audio is the worst.....
    6. John G

John G Member

Anybody notice when looking at certain illness/disease etc that is listed on the internet, has tinnitus that is listed as a symptom of that injury,illness etc. Such as head/neck injury,atlas bone problems,b12 deficiency,magnesium defeciency and the list goes on and on.

Makes me go crazy trying to figure out what the cause is. Of course trying to get a certain test done by the doctor is difficult enough. My doc says , no you dont need that test done and so on.But the doc will have no dam problem writing a prescription for any drug .....$$$$$