Will It Ever Go... :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Loulou3030, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Loulou3030

Loulou3030 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Please can anyone help..
      I first got T a month ago, after a night out in a loud bar. After a week or so I went to ENT who said no damager was done and the T will go in a few days. It went down slightly the next few days. Then I was at a wedding where the music was incredibly loud and the T was unbearable by the end of the night. It has gone somewhat since but peaks sometimes and I had to fly last week and wore all sorts of ear protection to try ensure i do no further damage. Now I have a streaming cold and the T seems worse. I don't know if this T will ever go or if it is still here due to all the noise I have been subjective to and now my cold.
      I haven't slept properly in a month and I am sinking into a depression. I just need to know it will go away like the ENT said or will I have it forever? I have read T can be temporary if it is triggered by loud noise. I haven't exposed myself to noise in a long term..
      I don't know what to do with myself..

2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I am sorry sweetheart but there is no way anyone can tell you for sure if it will stay or go away. BUT! you only had T for a month so you still have every chance in the world that it will pass. But you really need to try to stay positive. do not focus on the sound and do not monitor the noise. even if it stays you will be fine. Your T seems to be quiet most of the time so you should habituate to it soon if it decides to stay. Just make sure that you go on and protect your ears in loud situations like wedding revenues, at birthday parties etc. BTW it's completely normal that T increases with a cold. It will go back down after the cold is gone. Good luck to you!

• Like Like x 3
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Good advice from seal. If T bothers you, you can try masking it with some soothing nature sounds. After a while, your T may fade or disappear. Even if it stays, your brain will become more hardened to this T ringing over time and you won't be bothered by it. Don't worry and panic. Things should get better.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Loulou3030

Loulou3030 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thank you both for taking the time to write back to me. I feel more positive after reading Your comments.