Will It Go Away? Help Me Out. I'm 19. Spontaneous Ringing in My Ears. :'(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leo Pappas, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Leo Pappas

Leo Pappas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi

I have had a ringing in both of my ears fro the last week and a half (and all of a sudden now there's a static noise is that normal is this temporary). It would fluctuated from side to side even times where it would be completely gone from one side and just transfer to the other side and vice versa.

I also had an high sensitivity to noise but that is almost gone. The ringing is going down but ever so slowly.

The ringing I sent loud its just scares me. I got it after working out with my brother I was doing kick boxing and ya the pads make noise when hitting them but not enough to cause permanent damage it makes the same sound if you where almost slapping your couch.

Or else every fighter and boxer would have tinnitus. Right after i was done i went got some water then went to the washroom to clean of the glove smell in my hands then grabed my phone and sat down on my bed ready to go take a shower in a few minutes and out of no where this noise apperd.

I need some help I was told by 3 doctors that it can go away and everyone in my family told me that that it will go.

My close relative of my family had it I call he some times she had it for a week my docter had it he had it for 5 days even my bro had it for a whole day.

I wake up every morning for the last week crying not know what to do. :'( I'm due to an ENT by the end of this week but I'm hoping they will find something so that they can get rid of it. Do I have a good chance that it can go away I worry about it every second and sometimes just break down crying. ( right know even while typing this)

I have googled everything there is to know about this thing and still feel empty handed and scared. Since this fourm has a lot experience is there a chance that it can go away or am I just kidding myself.

Please leave me with some positive info I can't live my life like this :'( I was also piscribe by a doctor prednisone. It helped me on the fifth day of getting the ringing in the ear and got rid of the pressure feeling and alot of the ringing but its still there and I'm starting to worry I always had really good hearing and btw I don't have hearing loss just the ringing and I just finished my last dose yesterday is was 30mg a day for 5 days. ( sorry if this post I sent very well put together) and when ever I try to relax it gets bothersome to me when in a quiet room.

Tell me there is a chance it can go away I'm starting lose my mind. thank you for any support that I can get from this fourm i just joind. This thing is driving me mad its not that loud its just knowing its there.

Thank you
      Leo Pappas
      19 years old :'(

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Leo.
      I would get your ears checked for ear wax and hearing tested .
      Maybe even coming down with a virus.
      It's really early days for you so try not panic and stay calm as it will make it worse if get anxiety and stress .
      Stay positive it will go.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leo Pappas

Leo Pappas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the support but I don't have wax in my ears and how could I have a virus and if so what could I take that might fix it. Do you know of how long it would take for it to go away by any chance. :'( thanks
      Leo pappas

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      The positive thought is that you won't always react like this. Your T is very new and may fade or go. So try your very best not to get emotionally stressed which is bad for T. It is easier said than done, of course, at this new stage. But if you have hope for the future, then your reaction will be moderated to a level that T probably won't get worse or will start to stabilize. That is the positive thought you should maintain at all time to help you calm down. Take good care & God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leo Pappas

Leo Pappas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you very much for the support but for some reason it changed from a ringing to a static noise is this normal pleaee tell me it can still be temporary everone i know who has had it said it will go but i cant take it anymore :'( please help me out I so stressed out I can't sleep I can't eat I can't go to school I have to graduate soon and I'm all nervous all day I'm losing my mind ( btw I don't have any hearing loss I used to be sensitive to sound but that is gone now please give me positive info telling me that this is just temporary) thank you.

6. Sarah Russett

Sarah Russett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015 - April 2017 (now T-free)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      Does it seem quieter? I would tentatively say that going from ringing to static is a good sign, but you never know with T. Unfortunately, no one here can give you any concrete answerws. If you've only had it for a week or so, then there's still a chance it will go. But again, we can't tell you that.

7. Sarah Russett

Sarah Russett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015 - April 2017 (now T-free)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      Have you found any masking tracks that you can play so that you don't have to hear it all the time/in quiet places? You can play those as you sleep as well to take the edge off. Listening for it will only make the ansiety worse. I KNOW it's SO HARD I'm not patronizing you. T is brutal. But what I"m trying to say is. YOu've had it for a little while only, so don't panic yet.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leo Pappas

Leo Pappas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you no I haven't tried masking it with music or white noise. When I sleep I just think of others things I have a good imagination so I can wonder in my mind that's why its sometimes get loud cause I focused on it for to long. And the ringing has gone down but the static noise adds to it. Its odd sometimes there's no ringing or static and then there's just ringing and then there's both I think its kinda trying to rehabilitate itself or fix it self I don't know hopefully the ENT I'm going to next week has some insight on what's causing this and how to get rid of it. Thanks for the support and hopefully this is just temporary.

9. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is important not to worry and panic too much. Do the best you can, as the opposite is stress, fear and anxiety which can aggravate your tinnitus ringing. Masking is one way to calm you down when you know you can play something to get some respite from T ringing. Here are some suggestions:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers (refer to item 3 below)

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune, or use smart phone. You can also order some nature sounds via ‘itune’ to play on your PC.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leo Pappas

Leo Pappas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I love all the support but why dose this static noise come in and out just got it today please I'm getting desperate :'( .I'm so scared and for some reason its louder then normal then calms down. I'm so scared I hate myself I fucking hate myself. :'(

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leo Pappas

Leo Pappas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was given medication for sleep its called zopiclone would this have any negative affects on my tinnitus please answer quick.

12. Minnow

Minnow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Leo you have all my sympathy, like you I’ve not had T very long and already it is driving me insane! How can there be a physical condion that there is absolutely no remedy for. I have static noise and , high pitched ringing. They say it isn’t serious,it’s serious enough when at times you feel you could jump off a cliff and end it all. Which is very melodramatic+ but how can I live my life with this nightmare noise going on in my head. I wish I could see more positive postings saying it went away, it might give some hope. I’m so down in spirits and so angry as well that I just feel like smashing things up. This is like Chinese water torture. I hope yours does get better.