Will It Go Away

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kyle123, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      I had perfect hearing. Just 3 days ago was flushing my sinuses from sinus infection but instead of water going out other nostril it went to my right ear. Then ringing and roaring set in.I've been taking afrin and muscuinex d. The ringing has died down but there is still annoying ring and ear pain under ear. Going to ent this afternoon. I just want to mentally prepared for visit. Could there be water in my ear that's causing ringing after 3 days? Or could I have damaged nerve?

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      It's very likely that the water in your middle ear caused an infection. As far as nerve damage goes, very unlikely. If the ENT sees no visible fluid, ask for a tympanometry and hearing test to make sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      I already can tell my hearing has been affected.big time but urgent care doctor said he can't see my ear drum from the amount of wax that was in my ear. So you think likely tinnitus is temporarily?

4. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Almost impossible to know. There's a good chance it might the faster you take care of the underlying problem.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Today is day 3 and going to ent .is that quick?

6. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      No and Yes.
      I developed mild infection from fluid in ear just after 3 days already. It cleared up in week or so and I had to take antibiotics (ask for amoxicillin if they will want to give you something else). Do not let your ent flush out your ears to see your eardrum. Ask him to pick out wax.

What does your T sound now and how loud is it?
      Can you do audiogram before this visit? If you had REAL hear loss (as in cochlear damage) you still could try prednisone short course for sudden hear loss. Which your doctor can tell you if is needed.

As I understood from doctor inner ear damage happens very rarily. Its also hard to damage nerve.
      If im wrong I hope someone will correct me (i've only spent last full month obsessing over what @Kyle123 is asking about).

As shitty as this going to sound T is almost one big unknown so even ent wont be able to tell you if this is going to last or pass. For now try to enrich your sound environment to not listen to T. This is worst you can do to yourself for now.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      It's defeently inner or middle ear from sinus flush I take very good care of my ears and use hearing protection. First day it was a very very loud roar and was unbearable I just slept all day. Day two was a really loud whine like those hearing aid squeals. . Today day 3 is a soft buzz.like the hearing aid sound but way way less intense.there is pain below my ear lobe .if nerve damage is rare then maybe just got water in ear.and the ear wax keeping drum from vibrating. Seems logical since I did flush water up my nose and not a whole lot came out

8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Are you doing the hydrogen peroxide solution flushing of the sinuses? I have read that it is a novice way to cure infected and inflamed sinuses, but people caution about the possible risk of the solution going into the Eustachian tube if the flooding is done with the wrong head bending posture. Make sure you have the proper posture of the head bending. I didn't read that people have T after this but it is a risk. That is why I didn't try this myself even though my sinuses always feel plugged. Hope you will do well after some time. By the way, there is a current support thread for Erland who has some water getting in the middle ear by using flushing too. His T flared up but seems to quiet down now. Read this:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/water-in-the-middle-ear-after-neti-pot-louder-tinnitus.3627/

9. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Trust me bro. I talked with 5 ents in a month - that how psyched up I was something was very wrong. I was so anxious. All of them said to me inner ear infections are VERY hard to get. Its like winning reverse lottery actually. They said I would have extreme vertigo, I would vomit and generally I wouldnt be really even able to go by myself to ER if I had inner ear infection at any point. Dont know maybe they lied. Maybe they exaggarated. Talk with your ent about it for sure - he will explain better

Definitely water is messing with your hearing. It is probably already clearing up a bit if sound changes for better :) I had that loud flushing for 2-3 days. Obviously every case is different but take this as something to calm your mind before visit.

Pain is very normal in ear infections. Imagine that my ears still hurt after month from infection and I have ZERO inflammation - confirmed today by ent. Tympanic membrane is intact and looks gorgeous as well, but damn ears still hurt :) I'm still doing some additional tests for bacteria and fungus but someone said to me that ears can hurt for quite a while after trauma.

10. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      Last august i had liquid in my right ear, and my right hearing has decreased. Last february, no more liquid and hearing returned to his initial level. In summer pollen cause me to have blocked sinuses, cold and fulness in my ear so i think the same thing is happening.

Things like that can take somelong times to "heal" ( to make the liquid goaway in fact). Don’t worry, nerve dammage is VERY unlikely in this sort of case, even impossible i think.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Just got ent they sucked enough wax to rebuild great Wall of china. Ringing for most part has stopped. Still very very minor ring.wither that goes away or not idk. Took hearing test she said I aced it.

12. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      Hello and welcome to the board! I've been having tinnitus since February and back then I also thought that it would go away, but sadly, it didn't. My T is very low so I barely notice it in loud environments, but sometimes it is a problem for me to sleep. But it really depends on what I've been doing before during the day and the sound varietes a lot. Sometimes it is loud, sometimes it isn't; and sometimes I wake up with a hiss in both ears, and sometimes I don't. But first of all, don't give up. I know it sounds easier than it is but after some time, the brain will get used to the sound and you'll be able to live a normal life with T. And, second, don't panic. If it doesn't go away, then we're here for you :)

Here's one of my favorite quotes that has helhed me through it a lot: "If you can change it, then change it. But if you can't change it, change the way you think about it".

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      There is no more ringing in my right ear.but it is now ringing in my left ear. My left side face seems stuffed up

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      So my tinnitus could be caused by stuffed up head?

15. Tibberz
      Supportive

Tibberz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      5 9mm Gunshots
      Very possible. Any type of pressure on the ear has the potential to cause tinnitus. How much earwax did you have, im trying to gauge how much I have currently. Like when you used to put a finger in your ear how far would it go?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      The ent said she never seen so much ear wax. It took her 15 mins to clean out my ear. Is pressure tinnitus permernent?

17. Tibberz
      Supportive

Tibberz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      5 9mm Gunshots
      Impossible to tell if any Tinnitus will go away. You are still very early and it seems you have already had most of it go away by this procedure so things are looking good for you. Could take its time (people have had T for months, no changes then wake up one day and its quieter/gone) or it could be gone tomorrow. Nobody knows.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kyle123

Kyle123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Ya it's been 4 days from what I can tell that's no time at all

19. socalsurfer

socalsurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear syringe or antibiotics
      Hi Kyle, I just joined this forum. I am curious if you're tinnitus went away because it has been a year already. Any updates would be appreciated.

20. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      Hi socalsurfer. When a person does NOT reply in this forum anymore, it means either its tinnitus went away or it does not bother him anymore ;)

21. socalsurfer

socalsurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear syringe or antibiotics
      Oh good to know. Good for him. I hope mine goes away too. It started back in February. There were at least 4 times that that it would be gone once a week then come back. I had respiratory airway disease (RAD) and doc suggested cleaning my right ear with ear syringe and also prescribed Amoxicillin. I think after a week, I woke up with ringing in my ears.

22. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      Don't worry @socalsurfer, just looking at the Success Stories inside this forum to understand that T, if it will remains, it's manageble :) But I wish you all the best in this journey ;)

23. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      No