Will Tylenol Help? Certain Frequencies Hurt

Discussion in 'Support' started by JodieStephens, Aug 25, 2017.

1. JodieStephens

JodieStephens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It hurts, certain frequencies, will Tylenol help? Or is it just in my head?

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @JodieStephens Tylenol Acetaminophen causes tinnitus in .56 percent. That's less than one percent. It's pretty safe compared to other choices. The one side effect to consider is that it could cause hearing loss if taken for several months. That would be taking several tablets a day for 2-3 months. I take a small dose of one tablet on occasion and it doesn't have an effect on my T.

Your medication from your doctor isn't causing your T to go up. Just do a slow taper and don't go cold turkey when quitting. Quitting cold turkey will cause anxiety with over a week's use. I would have your ears checked for wax, if you haven't had that done. I'm been to Nova Scotia and Prince Edwards Island many times and I have come across dust in the air. Not sure if you live in a farming/field rural area where I mostly traveled.

It's hard to give advice when not knowing more about a person and the fact that everyone is different.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JodieStephens

JodieStephens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I live in Truro.... So Tylenol works is what your saying? For the stinging of the noise?

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @JodieStephens Tylenol may only help you settle down and can be used for a headache and maybe for ear pain or stinging. It's not going to really help lower the ringing.

• Like Like x 1
    5. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I use Tylenol PM every night to help with sleep I use Tylenol extra strength one tablet for headache not every day and I use Tylenol sinus severe again. One tablet if needed I also take singular every night I think T sets off my hayfever.so far it works.

• Like Like x 1
    6. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      My T started end of June I related mine to dental but docs say no. I also have mult tones it's hard to tune them out. I'm looking into hearing aids with masker. Trying to habituate.