Wim Hof Breathing Technique

Discussion in 'Support' started by Allan1967, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi,

Anyone try Wim Hof's breathing technique? Relative of mine said he's seen posts by people saying it's helped with tinnitus and depression. Of course when I search I come across posts saying it brought it on.

Anyone have any experience?

I tried it this morning and by my third round I was holding my breath for 2 and half minutes. No change in my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    2. aHuman

aHuman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock ´n Roll
      I'm interested in this topic too. Keen to start the breathing exercises but as always I'm hesitant to try anything that may make the T worse.

3. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm sure deep breathing couldn't make tinnitus worse, it makes my tuning fork tones fade to baseline once they start going crazy. Another one to look up.

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Sounds like BULLSHIT.

5. Time4fix
      Ape-like

Time4fix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      The event
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have been doing it for 2 weeks, it always makes my T temporarily worse for about a minute. It does seem to help with habituation for what its worth.

6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      When I swim free style, I can't turn my head, I don't like how the water feels going into my ear.

So what I do is gun it, hold my breath and go the entire length of the pool. I can do 25 meters, no sweat, and can now do the olympic sized pool. Everybody thinks I am weird, I am, and don't give a shit. I often train with the Laos national paraolympic team. They know I am brain damaged and we are all friends. They are missing various limbs, legs and arms.
      I want to get a photo of me with them with some earmuffs on... I think it would make a good poster for our cause.

I am gonna need to to pack my speedo though to compete with Jazzer and his swim suit shots... he set the bar high.