Workplace Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by MonstercatMusic, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MonstercatMusic
      Caffeine

MonstercatMusic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      Hello
      So my workplace has noise levels of around 70 dB constantly with regular spikes of 90-100 dB due to mishaps and constant clanging of metal on metal. There is also one machine that is used every 5 mins or so that can do about 105 dB for 1 second each time it's used.

I think I have mild hyperacusi so I can't really judge the dB level (except the 70 dB constant was measured).

After a few hrs I became desensitized to the clanging and bashing of 90-100 dB. When I leave my hearing goes quieter just like when you come out of a concert. However it is not as quiet as when you come out of a concert. Only a mild reduction. This wears off after a few hrs.

Is this posing a risk to my hearing in terms of hearing loss. No one has hearing protection so I guess it' below regulation levels.

Just not sure if this is a good idea.

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Time to look for another job - now that the economy is good ...this is the perfect time

This is a bad environment even with someone without T

3. sven1987

sven1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      I’m curious to see what people have to say, because my situation is exactly the same at work. I’ve been wondering about changing jobs too.

4. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Statistically speaking job growth in the U.S. has been good for the last 7 years... The highest being 2,553,000 in 2014. If anything it's gotten worse, 1,700,000 last year according to the U.S. Bureau of Laber Statistics.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MonstercatMusic
      Caffeine

MonstercatMusic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      Not in the USA MATE. I figured it' not good for me. However I've only been at it for some days now so how likely will I have sustained hearing loss. After work I typically dont allow any noise above 45db for at least 10hrs. I'm really worried aboht my hearing as it has been top notch till my last ear infection.