Zoe Cartwright — Reactive Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Layla23, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      My reactive tinnitus is spot on to this video (except for the underwater scene... I’ve never heard a sound like that).

Supposedly Zoe Cartwright has had very loud reactive tinnitus like this for 10 years. And has thrived :)

But does anyone know how she is now? I can’t find her social media anywhere.

Tinnitus Short Film - 24.7.52.10.

Side note: Every single time... a certain member has to post “reactive tinnitus isn’t real!”. Which leads to arguments among other members and ends up detracting from the conversation.

Fellow Tinnitus Talk members... for my thread... just don’t say anything. It’s really disheartening when I finally find people who can relate and then I learn nothing because everyone is focusing on choosing sides.

Thank you.

All the best.

Personal update: reactive tinnitus largely went away after living 3 months indoors and slowly introducing sounds. Unfortunately my reactive tinnitus is back at full force after getting my LDL’s tested. But I’m trying to not wallow. I’m just trying to get used to living with the sounds.

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Same thing happened to me @Layla23... LDL testing can be damaging :(

4. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      @Layla23, reactive tinnitus definitely exists, but some people can’t accept it’s something in its own right. They believe it’s just hyperacusis, which in my own experience is very much connected to and maybe even a subset of. It’s just semantics really. I don’t think anyone of sound mind would dispute tinnitus can be reactive, or else they have never experienced it and should not be commenting on it.

Sorry to learn that the LDL test set you back. I’ve had setbacks because of ENs and audiologists. I’ll never do an LDL test again.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Bumping... Did you ever find Zoe anywhere? I think it'd be amazing if she could appear here to give others hope of a life beyond severe tinnitus and hearing loss...

6. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Zoe Cartwright has married and is now Zoe Parenti.

Taken from the comments of her film on YouTube:

zoe-cartwright-zoe-parenti-1.png

Her Facebook is here:

https://www.facebook.com/zoe.cartwright1

You can see that the username/vanity URL is zoe.cartwright1 - even though she has changed her profile's name to be Zoe Parenti.

And when you go through her photos on Facebook, they match the lady on the film.

zoe-cartwright-zoe-parenti-2.png

Mystery solved. She's doing great, is married, has a child, and seems to lead a beautiful, happy life.

• Like Like x 1
    7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      You are amazing! Seriously so happy to see that post. Thank you so much!