My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Luca,

Please be respectful of the poster who is trying the treatment. He has been kind enough to share and journal his experiences with us to further our knowledge base and understanding. If it doesn't work for him, it will be unfortunate, but you will feel vindicated. If it does work for him, then you can feel better knowing that there may be treatments available for tinnitus sufferers. Nothing in the medical profession would get fixed if people weren't willing to try new things. If you wish to create a thread regarding your opinions surrounding LLLT therapy and have a discussion of its merits, that is fine. This thread regarding @attheedgeofscience should be reserved for discussions about how the treatment is going for this member and what experiences he wishes to share with us.

• Like Like x 10
    2. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure

We get the impression from posts online that, although many people have 'habituated' so that they're not constantly anxious/listening to their T/are able to ignore it for extended periods etc., very few have 'got rid of tinnitus completely'.

This impression could be inaccurate because many people who got rid of it probably haven't posted anything online.

I don't think anyone can know for sure the true statistics.

So... doing something that is not necessarily recommended (like wearing earplugs all the time & giving our ears a rest in the hope that this will 'heal' them) may be risky but may actually work. We just don't know. What we do know is that, although most of us have 'improved' & 'adjusted' etc., not very many of the 'recommended' things are really working to get rid of T completely, otherwise we wouldn't still be here :confused:

@Louise - I remember from ages ago that you wore earplugs & people on the forum were telling you that perhaps it wasn't such a good idea. I'd like to hear what you think about this theory of avoiding sound & thus resting your ears to heal them.

This theory interests me more than most because my T disappears completely a great deal. I'm lucky enough to be able to run my company from home (video conferencing is a wonderful thing :) ) & am able to avoid a great deal of external noise that many people have to endure. Could my T go away because my ears are healing, albeit slowly...?

3. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      After i got tinnitus, i started to ask around and found several people that has totally god rid of their tinnitus but they never posted their condition online. So i believe there are indeed more success stories out there.
      One of them told me his tinnitus disappeared shortly after he changed job :rolleyes:
      Another by acupuncture and the rest their tinnitus simply disappeared.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      great to hear that actually that gives me quite a bit of hope. can you tell us how long it took, how they got their T, etc. It will help a lot of people here i am sure

cheers

5. Vkis

Vkis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/16/2012
      if it will help many of us will stend with 20k$ the next day by their door

6. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:

Hi Dhaval, i understand how you feel, i feel the same too when i heard of their story. We must have faith and hope!
      One of them got T when he go down from a hill after spending a night there. The others are all of unknown cause. This actually lead me to believe that idiopathic T has higher chance to disappear than T with obvious cause like acoustic trauma.

7. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      @Vkis

Ouch!!.....I meant it will give them hope and serve as anecdotal reference in the doom and gloom of t

8. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      The most important point to decide on before attempting the kinds of treatments I have described in my journal and elsewhere, is whether the tinnitus is inner ear related or related to some other factor (the inner ear includes also the auditory nerve). My answers to your questions will not really serve anyone, I am afraid.

1. I have a faint cyclic noise which I can almost always hear - regardless of how much noise there is around me (very strange as the noise is really quite faint - this doesn't bother me, however). In April, I developed a whine kind of tinnitus (this noise is easily drowned by the noise from a computer fan, but when completely quiet it is slightly more annoying, but I have no problems falling asleep, for example). When I lie down (for sleeping), I develop yet another kind of tinnitus noise which also is very faint (and which I have had much longer than since April).
      2. No.
      3. No.
      4. I have had fullness in my ears for some time; the tests that the clinic have just run on me point out that I have a high level of inflammation in my body, as well as high chlolesterol even though I am extremely fit (so it is genetic). The fullness has dissappeared since I started laser therapy with dr. Wilden.

As far as I know, my faint tinnitus sound started some time after a course of antibiotics. But, as the tinnitus wasn't tonal, I did not recognize it as tinnitus...

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. inadmin

inadmin Member

How long it took for them to get rid of the T?

10. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

It's about the way in which you try them. I have outlined the legitimate scientific approach to this earlier. #31

I don't see how I have been disrespectful. I think it should be allowed to be sceptical if not even promoted.

No thanks. Pointless. This would only create further awareness and might lure people towards it.

heh. It will. That is how these voodoo science operations roll! Get real! I mean Burzynski is still going with his cancer treatment since the effin 70s.

It takes years and millions of dollars in damages for folks to wise up.

11. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Luca what is your purpose for joining Tinnitus talk? You only started posting here immediatlely after theedgeofscience made his very first journal entry on sunday.

He has already started his treatment so what is the point of your rather strange tone of posts? What do you hope to achieve? If you cannot be supportive or contribute positively why even bother? What you post will not change anything.

You have been disrespectfull because of your tone of comments. Yes we know you don't approve but to keep on and on like this is bizaare to say the least. The fact you are not interested in creating a seperate thread but keep commenting on this one dosen't really make sense unless you enjoy being a disruptive troll perhaps?

12. Luca
      Amused

Luca Member

Explain how real trials work and to help people make an informed choice whether or not they want to invest 20 thousand dollars in experimental treatment and jeopardize their health unnecessarily.

Good question. Im out.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well I'm afraid Lucas you did a rather poor job at explaining things as the 'real trials' you spoke of have given us many medications which in fact killed people and severely poisoned them before they were eventually withdrawn. Your objective knowledge of LLLT was also found to be lacking to put it mildly. As for Burzingski it's funny you mention him as in 2008 the FDA's own supervised clinical trial data for anaplastic astrocytoma patients (Brain tumours) found that Burzingski's antineoplastins were more effective then Chemotherapy and radiation in a 2005 study but without any side effects.

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/images/stories/Publications/7853.pdf

Perhaps it is best that you have decided to leave as your tone was extremly rude and disrespectfull to attheageofscience. Unlike other forums such as Yuku here at Tinnitus talk we prefer to treat each other with kindness and respect even if we do not agree upon a subject.

14. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I got a message from theedgeofscience where he advised me to hold on for a bit longer.
      I am going to try and wait for a bit and unless he gets no results at all I am going.
      Yesterday I went to a chiropractor and a reflexologist/craniosacrialtherapist as well as acupuncture.
      I feel better today , no idea which of these three helped or if its a coincidence?

I have tried everything.....next up , Bangkok.

• Like Like x 3
    15. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      @attheedgeofscience is probably right in saying that. May be you should hold off for atleast a week or 2 to see how it goes with him.

@attheedgeofscience by the way great photos. Looks out of this world. Any way I was wondering how they'd administer laser therapy iv. But there you go. Any photos on how iv oxygen is given. Oh and hey how are you feeling. Hopefully the steroids are not making you manic. Any change in your t. I hope you heal soon and come back leaving your t in Bangkok

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    16. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      That bio scan machine seems to be the “Orion Bio Scan” http://www.orionbioscan.com/
      It's criticized here: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/electro.html
      In the US there is no bioresonance device approved by the FDA.

The machine seems to present a picture of an internal organ and then shows several colors (see http://www.orionbioscan.com/overview.doc) stating the health of that point. See it in action
      Orion BioScan | molecular | resonance |...

As you see in the picture it shows some colors following the path of veins in the brain (?). Same thing for other organs. It wants to give the impression that they acquired the topology of the organs (as an MRI machine would) and they are rating the health of each part of it. But obviously they are not (how could they?).

As a common sense critic, if this even remotely works, it would be the cheapest thing to do to bio-scan hospital patients and compare the results with any other approved diagnostic device. Bioresonance had been going on for 30 years, where is the science to back it? what's the point of building a machine with no science at all behind it?

This is a presentation explaining how this bioscan technology works:
      How Does Bio Resonance Scanning Work? - Dr....

Lots of red lights, eg: diagnosis by biophotons, this is an example of mixing science with mumbo jumbo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biophoton#Quantum_medicine I'm just a guy using Google but this technology seems pseudoscience to me.

• Like Like x 1
    17. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Yes Yonkapin you are correct. Thank you for the correction. T has been been pretty high the last ten days, I just remembered it was in Dr. in Germany who's name started with a "W"
      When my T is at a 10 (on a 1 to 10 scale) like it has been for the last eleven days I should proof read my replies better.

18. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I´m curious about this peptide guiding signal. After some googling I found the following:
      This study doesn't explain this particular treatment, but it´s a case of using peptides to guide stem cells to a certain area. The study was published in 2013, and it´s an in vitro (= not on a living organism) study. Here is an article targeted at the general public: http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013/04/Putting-Stem-Cells-Place.html

• Like Like x 2
    19. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones

Good research man. It seems like this procedure has both some sound science and not at the same time : )

I'd like to see the source code for this program and how it interacts with the diagnostics. That would give us an idea of what it's doing.

20. Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work
      @attheedgeofscience,
      Absolutely astonishing, I am loving reading your journal entries and seeing your photos. I am pinning for your success! How exciting, have a wonderful day.

Jade

• Like Like x 1
    21. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can post pictures of IV oxygen therapy, but it looks similar to the IV laser therapy (except that there is no "color" involved). Only side effect from the steroids (isotonic sodium chloride) this time is insomnia (first night). I would not except results to come too soon - first chance would be in 3-4 weeks from now...

22. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      Great!! Thanks. Please do take care if your self. Any ideas on how the docs hope this will progress (I am guessing they'd have some idea from the 1 treatment they're done). Have they informed you on what to expect in terms of hearing changes. Volume changes in t. Have they asked you to avoid foods or supplements and so on. I'd say have plenty of fruits especially berries. And almonds and coconut water. I am saying this cause the brain is 1 big energy hogger. For this you'd need an ample raw material to make ATP. Which needs DHA and few other materials. So eat healthy and make sure your liver is at peak. That's where all the fancy chemistry happens.

Take care and we're routing for you....full speed ahead chekov

23. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @attheedgeofscience

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and wish you god speed recovery from the evil T!

24. newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      I am more interested in treating my hearing loss--do they treat this also ? Thanks ! Dave

25. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you are only interested in improving your hearing loss, I would recommend laser therapy (in a clinical setting) to begin with. You can see the kinds of improvements you can expect from my introduction (which has audiograms before/after).

26. mick

mick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      You highlight a major problem with medicine as it is practiced the vast majority of the time (at least in the area where I live). I've never been able to figure out why doctors are so reluctant to dig in and really put forth effort to help. They seem to really be geared towards doing the least the can, and I can not figure out why. I don't think its entirely that they are being lazy (though I think that may be part of it), or that they are only concerned about money (I think that is part of it too, but certainly it has to be a very small part), or that they just don't have time (again, that may be part of it, but surely somewhere, somehow, the doctors I've seen are providing good service to someone). I've been so underwhelmed with the performance of doctors I've seen that is it depressing to think about it. In short, "stop at nothing" is not the phrase I would use to describe any doctor I've ever seen. Five minutes is about all the effort you will get from a doctor unless he already knows the solution and it is handed to him on a silver platter.

Its refreshing to hear that there are some doctors in the world who are willing to put forth genuine effort. to help patients.

• Like Like x 3
    27. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      thank you for sharing your experience so detailed, please keep us posted you are doing a great job! ... I truly hope for you and all of us that soon you will have succes and start noticing silence inside your being ... all blessings and well being upon you!

• Like Like x 4
    28. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      @attheedgeofscience

So how far has the other patient had success. Was his t decreased, how long has it been since his treatment has he had any side effects, etc. I hope that you are feeling better and recovering.

Take care

29. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hope you'll keep us updated too RaZaH ! Best wishes

30. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Indeed his tinnitus was decreased significantly. I don't know when he had his first stem cell treatment, but it is "some time" ago. When he received his first stem cell treatment, he had had tinnitus for several years. That's as much as I know...

• Like Like x 3