The Headphones Generation...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lorenzo74, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Since I have had my tinnitus I cannot help but look at youngsters with their huge headphones on all the time and feel they just don't know what they can get themselves into…

I don't understand why you have warnings on cigarette packs and other things, but not on headphone's cases, something like "do not play too loud or too long as it can make your ears have a noise for life which will really bug you"… or something similar..

Why nowhere in concerts or discoteques do they advise people to be careful with their ears and the level of noise ?

Why everything has become so loud !!! :))

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Cause there would be no business!!!

3. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      There's a million reasons they don't put warnings on loud devices and none of them are very good. They really should.

There's basically zero education about hearing damage worldwide...

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      • Like Like x 1
    5. inadmin

inadmin Member

I'm willing to bet that there if someone decides to enforce makers to put warnings, they would apply to hearing loss, not to T. The awareness for this condition is horribly low.

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. nobody
      Cold turkey

nobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/10/2011
      We take everything about our bodies for granted without a thought about what we might be doing to it, or have little or no awareness of just how fragile it is. If only we could turn back the clock and treat our body with great care, but we take it for granted until one day it's like whoops!! what the heck when wrong with me.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Its gonn probably take another decade or so before they actually put warnings and people take it seriously cause theres gonna be a hearing epidemic probably within 5 years. Numbers are just gonn keep goin up, the military wants a cure thankgod so the government other then paying there 1 billion a year in disability can at least come up with a good treatment or cure. I think nows the time where all these new pharma companies/ researchers are taking it seriously and know its such a big money profit for a cure and that the numbers are rising a year that they have to come up with something.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Hear hear! (pun intended) I find this sad as well, since my T started during a long headphone listening session with my new audiophile grade headphones and 'head-fi'er' hobby. I can't be 100% sure if that triggered my T, because I also got a blocked + full ear at the same moment, which is not a typical noise trauma symptom to my knowledge. But still, headphones most likely played a key role with my T onset...

9. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I recently sold my Sennheiser HD700 headphones, from which I got my T. I used to own HD600s, which are considered to be one of the all time classic headphones. I sold them before getting the HD700s. Now I bought them again and I must say that these could be the 'best T-headphones' because the sound is so smooooth and lovely with no treble peaks etc. Highly recommended... :)