I'm Glad I Found This Group!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jb96734, Feb 22, 2016.

1. jb96734
      Cheeky

jb96734 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Aloha everyone,

My name is Jenn - from Hawaii, but been living in Las Vegas for 4 years now. I'm new to TT and I'm so glad to have found you all. Honestly, my T has gotten to me this past week and I gotta say that reading stories on here made me hopeful that I'll be able to cope and still live a happy life.

I'm 31 years old with 2 beautiful children (4 and 2 years old) and a very supportive husband. He's my rock when I have my bad days.

Let me tell you how my tinnitus started. September 2015, I was little over 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and one early morning I woke up to run to the rest room (which was pretty routine at this point in pregnancy) and as I'm sitting there I hear this ringing in my ear and it felt like there might be some wax build as it felt full. Went back to bed and I couldn't go back to sleep because it worried me. My husband suggested I clean out my ear with our over the counter wax remover, which I did. It didn't go away immediately so I turned on a fan to help me mask the noise. Woke up in the morning and fullness was gone so I thought the ringing went away, but it was still there but barely noticeable if I really concentrated on it.

It definetly bothered me daily and I would stick my fingers in my ears to see if it was still there and of course it was still around. I told myself to stop wasting my time and to focus on something else before I drove myself crazy. At about 10 weeks (end of October 2015) we found out we lost the baby. Mid November is when I experienced the miscarriage - passing it naturally. This was heart breaking for us and at this point I was so focused on the miscarriage that I barely noticed my T. As time went on, it felt like it was fading away and I was coming to terms with my first experience with a miscarriage. I started to feel like my old self again but with still a slight rining in my ear.

Recently, it started to get louder and for the past couple weeks it's been getting to me. This past Monday (2/15) I found out I was pregnant again! Which makes me about 8 weeks now. We are definitely excited and worried at the same time wishing and hoping I'll go full term this time around. I'm going to try my best to deal with my T and not stress out for the sake of this pregnancy.

I'm hoping that my T was brought on by pregnancy (as I do have ETD which was previously diagnosed) and it'll fade after giving birth. I'm thinking that I didn't give my body enough time to stabilize hormonally, between my miscarriage and this pregnancy, hence the rining still lingering. I've read a few stories that most of women's tinnitus went away at some point after giving birth. I'm crossing my fingers!

Can't wait to browse more on this support group and learn everyone's stories. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Aloha and a warm welcome to the forum. Sorry that you have to deal with T while pregnant with children. But you are right we do have members here who have been in your situation. I am sure you have read this one currently in this Introduction section with a few pregnant members or members who had the experience of prenancy and T. Just in case you haven't, this is the link

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-after-a-cold-while-pregnant.13496/#post-165155

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jb96734
      Cheeky

jb96734 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the link! I'll definitely look into that. I wish I had more time to browse around and read up on everyone's stories.