Life: Gloriously FUBARed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Allan1967, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Just read about a woman in Australia who went out to her chickens to collect eggs and got pecked on a main artery by one and bled to death.

Life is just seriously fucked up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    2. Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Read in a newspaper of a 28old girl in Zurich that was getting out of the city tram, stumbled and hit her head. Died on the spot.

When it's time, it's time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Allan1967 yes the poor lady was collecting the eggs when a rooster pecked her lower left leg causing her to haemorrhage and collapse.

Her death was actually caused by her bleeding varicose veins, the rooster caused these to bleed...

Bloody unfortunate way to go that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Not too long ago I saw something about a 3 year old getting sepsis and the doctor's amputating its hands and feet. The look on the child's face in the article is forever burned into my soul.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Oh for God's sake. We don't need this kind of negativity on this site.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      if you don't like it feel free to leave for the safe space of your choice

7. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Cute.

8. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      seriously, this man is suffering immensely and simply expressing himself about life, the world etc. and yes, it is negative, but seriously, if you're such a softie snowflake that you can't handle any discussion about it then LEAVE. do not cram your purely positive only fascism down our throats. people like you really are the problem, not people like @Allan1967 . STOP TRYING TO POLICE SPEECH FASCIST.

• Agree Agree x 4
    9. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Oh gosh, I could have fun with this but what's the point.

I don't have any issue with somebody struggling or suffering - we all are. That's why we're all here. But to pull some unrelated shit entirely out of left field just to complain about how bad life is? Come on. It isn't helping anybody, including himself. Wallowing in negativity. Finding the worst in life. We could overload this website everyday on the atrocities of life. Let's go ahead and post about kids that accidentally shoot themselves in the face playing with dads unlocked gun. I mean really. It doesn't help anyone.

Now take all that snowflake facist talk and shove it up your ass.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lol you were the one whining about negativity, if any one is a snow flake it's you chap.

11. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      i love this forum.

People are actually disappointed when somebody doesn’t kill themself... really a barrel of laughs sometimes.

I think Allen1967 was making a point about the fragility and transience of life and our existence, and that are suffering is dreadful, but we are not alone. Terrible crap happens to good souls and it’s really mind blowing if one takes time to reflect and ponder. I don’t think the chap was wallowing in self pity or negativity... he was just pointing out something that existential philosophers, theologians, and agnostics, atheists and Buddhists have reflected on for thousands of years... e.g. existence, suffering, and then meaning, purpose and love possibly.
      I did enjoy the shove it up your ass comment... and encourage you to have fun. I find using bad language fun and so do my kids... at the appropriate time. On that note, take care and wishing you quieter days free of anything being shoved up yours or my hairy arse...

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I agree we should stick to our tinnitus affliction. It’s bad enough without comparing it to other maladies. That’s why I never liked the hypothetical threads.

• Like Like x 2
    13. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Rb86 I agree that negativity on this site can be disheartening to say the least, especially when someone offers hope to somebody and then they get told not everyone will cope such as what has happened to @Astro... so I think you are slamming the wrong people here...

I know I personally was only trying to validate @Allan1967's emotions towards tragic advents... strangely enough when I was reading his post I heard it on the news here in Australia at nearly the same time...

I do not know your circumstances however when people feel down or depressed this often magnifies everything else in ones life, even watching the news can freak people out.

I have personally sent a pm to @Allan1967 with nothing but positivity for his situation. He should be commended for his honesty in his posts...

I am sure @JohnAdams post was also not to install negativity but to let Allan know that tragic stories also impact on him.

We all need hope, there should be no us and them on this site, everyone on here deserves support... hopefully one day we can all get relief from this horrid condition.

Negativity is a natural emotion when feeling overwhelmed or defeated, I truly hope things improve for Allan, and everybody else that is giving the Lenire treatment a shot, because their emotions are out in public view at the moment as we all sit hopeful that this treatment works....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah that was kinda funny, but maybe not for everyone.

15. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      The point is, look at how this thread went.

Person complains about something completely unrelated to all our suffering, only to pancake more negativity on everything to make it all even worse. A few more add to it.
      I say we don't need that. (I for one come to this forum looking for hope, I have the negativity and suffering covered by myself thank you very much). Then I get attacked with essentially the echo chamber of Facebook insults YOU FASCIST SNOWFLAKE!!! I tell him to shove it and I'm the bad guy? Okay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're the one coming in here and trying to police what people are saying because you don't like it. That is the definition of a snowflake that needs a safe space.

17. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Rb86

I do not think you are a bad guy, you just have a different opinion on things as many of us do, I agree with you about negativity. You see I also only have hope, and I am more than happy to share that hope around. Our difference of opinion is in that you see that a post was made totally unrelated to all our suffering. I see that post as somebody having hit rock bottom due to feeling depressed about their tinnitus and that causing them to feel that the whole world is falling apart. So related to our suffering!!

I am only speaking here from my own experiences, I know that when I am depressed, I can not listen to sad stories, I can not cope with any bad news, as the depression that is caused by whatever ailments a person may have and this includes tinnitus plays on your mind. Hence, the person was expressing how this story impacted on them, how they were feeling at that time.

Sure it was not a pleasant story, but when a person is suffering it is very hard to keep a positive outlook, but if we do not let people post these things, express their feelings we are doing an injustice to them. As this is when we can reach out to people to tell them it is OK, you are feeling down, we are here for you, we understand you are feeling the world is .........keeping it lady like:) so I do not offend anybody!

So on a positive note,

Sending a big bunch of hope to everybody:huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    18. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm not "policing" anyone.

Having have been through therapy and antidepressants years prior to tinnitus, I know first hand that looking for additional reasons to be depressed "just because" is called pancaking. It's just piling up any negative depressing thing you can come up with (although it's usually somewhat related) for example (this is just made up!)- I'm experiencing a spike and I got a ticket on the drive home from work because my tags out of date and I can't afford to pay for it and they canceled my favorite TV show and my wife yelled at me bc I forgot to pick up whatever dinner item, and, and, and,....life is just terrible see?!

I get that. It's human. Been there, done that.

But I come here to this website for support, because I'm struggling....every day. For someone to just blurt out some freak accident terrible death, which is wholely unrelated to tinnitus, or their own world - a total stranger....it's just like why? It purely helps no one. It's not even venting per se....it's just looking for negativity just because.

I am all for people venting about their frustration or struggle because of their tinnitus.

I think a lot of people forget that this website is for support. We're all struggling.

But good for you buddy, bullying on a tinnitus forum.

19. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Come on man, I was being sarcastic.

Anyways, hope you're doing well. My hyperacusis is easing up, thank goodness, I find it more debilitating than the relentless tinnitus. Take care Columbo, hope you're having some static free days............Daniel

• Like Like x 1
    20. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seriously, we don't need this kind of negativity on the forum.

21. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      You're right. Let's split a few bottles of curcumin, that's the correct dose right?

• Like Like x 1
    22. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I’m doing terrible today. Incredibly loud noise. An 18 year old boy got killed by a grain auger in a grain bin on Aug 14. I knew him by name and he knew me. I might be traumatized by that tragedy.
      My only escape is sleep atm.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ahhhh man, I am really sorry... Truly.

Take good care... take it slow.
      My condolences...

Sincerely, Daniel

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He cleaned out our bins at our grain set-up. I should call him a young man instead of a boy. Accident happened at another farmer's residence. A real tragedy. I visited his grave at a tiny cemetery. A life cut short.

• Hug Hug x 4
    25. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Landon Gran.

26. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Hug Hug x 2
    27. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    28. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Man, that is messed up! This is why i have to stick around for my kids! Even if does mean 25 years of torture for me!

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I've just reread this by complete chance. Man, this breaks my heart. My son is only 3.

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Look how much money the US government wastes. We should be spending billions and billions on curing diseases and figuring out how to regenerate organs and limbs. We instead are wasting billions of welfare for entitled lazy people, WAR, and supporting millions of illegal immigrants. We also waste a fortune on prisoners, when at the very least we should be working them and making them produce their own food.