New Unexplained Tinnitus Noise (Beep, Intermittent Whine) — What Are the Chances It Will Fade?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Allan1967, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Morning,

I have had tinnitus for 20 years plus. Noise exposure in October has sent my tinnitus mental with increased levels of sounds and additional ones that come and go.

Since Thursday last week however I've had a beep or an intermittent whine you could call it that hasn't stopped. I hear it most when I wake up and at night. I have no idea what's brought it on.

Does anyone get these unexplained new noises? What's the chances it will fade?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I get this occasional beeping noise every few months. don't know why, only notice it a night. Then one day it's gone. Months later it comes back temporarily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm sure 20 years ago I had something similar however this has morphed more into a constant steady meeee meeee me meee all day and night for 5 days now, so obviously concerned it's yet another permanent noise. I just believe that one hour of playing a piano has caused me so much grief.

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Like you @Allan1967 I have had tinnitus a long time now and after the first two years I got used to the new added intrusion of a new sound. But, those always faded. I have metal on metal like old brakes as my normal sound which has not changed.

It will fade. Try not to focus on it too much.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm worried Starthrower as it's pretty constant at the minute and worse towards the end of the day.

Can an in-ear masker make things worse?

6. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Allan1967 for some people like myself the in-ear masker annoyed my tinnitus making it seem temporarily worse. Others are helped. This is such an individual thing finding what works for each of us.

I understand...remember way back when we first got this and felt the same way? I think we tend to forget after a while until we have a set-back of some sort.

Do you keep busy during the day? This is how I try to deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I've had a new noise this past 7 days, like a haunting wine glass being rubbed. Sometimes it's definitely there, other times I think I'm imagining it. But it's definitely there.

It came on very strong the first day, now has faded but it's still there. I don't know what brought it on.

Who has had a totally new noise come on, out of nowhere? Has it faded?

8. Pawel1
      No Mood

Pawel1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      I think that Tinnitus is basically, because our auditory nerves are not connected properly, and they receive electrical signals from various parts of our brain (Not just ears.) For example, when you clench your jaw and your Tinnitus spikes up, it's because electrical signals from facial muscles, are somehow travelling through your auditory nerves, therefore your Tinnitus increases.

So, you don't really have to do anything, and your Tinnitus will still continue worsening. It's because new brain nerves get damaged and connected wrong, and this obviously happens, all the time, as the time flies by. Plus, the current wrongly connected nerves in your brain, will stay like that, until you get some effective treatment for plasticity.

Some of this stuff, was 'invented' by John Adams, on this forum, and I just believe these things. My Tinnitus is getting worse as well, even without any acoustic damages, etc.

9. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Many people have had new noises come on out of nowhere and sometimes they fade, other times not...

10. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      This is the best description I found to the sound I acquired like three weeks ago.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Has it not faded?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know and I have too but this one is different. Previously it's been eeeeessss and high pitched noises or bells which I have come to expect. But this is different, like a haunting sound, kinda ghostly.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Can anyone offer me any reassurance?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Anyone please??

15. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Unfortunately not. But as you say, it is like a fantasmagoric or haunting sound, it is very in the background of all the other sounds. So sometimes I hear it and sometimes I don't, or it seems that I imagine it. But yeah, it’s there.

I have multiple sounds, high-pitched, low hums... this new one is like ”middle-pitched”. If this makes sense...

Now, for example, I can hear it clearly below the other rest of the sounds, even though all the other sounds are so loud.

I think this new sound began at the same time I started take Sertraline. I quit the treatment at the 10 days mark anyway.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Mine came out of nowhere... the only change was I started vaping, but that's it. How long have you had it?