New Unexplained Tinnitus Noise (Beep, Intermittent Whine) — What Are the Chances It Will Fade?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Allan1967, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Morning,

I have had tinnitus for 20 years plus. Noise exposure in October has sent my tinnitus mental with increased levels of sounds and additional ones that come and go.

Since Thursday last week however I've had a beep or an intermittent whine you could call it that hasn't stopped. I hear it most when I wake up and at night. I have no idea what's brought it on.

Does anyone get these unexplained new noises? What's the chances it will fade?

2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I get this occasional beeping noise every few months. don't know why, only notice it a night. Then one day it's gone. Months later it comes back temporarily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm sure 20 years ago I had something similar however this has morphed more into a constant steady meeee meeee me meee all day and night for 5 days now, so obviously concerned it's yet another permanent noise. I just believe that one hour of playing a piano has caused me so much grief.

4. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Like you @Allan1967 I have had tinnitus a long time now and after the first two years I got used to the new added intrusion of a new sound. But, those always faded. I have metal on metal like old brakes as my normal sound which has not changed.

It will fade. Try not to focus on it too much.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm worried Starthrower as it's pretty constant at the minute and worse towards the end of the day.

Can an in-ear masker make things worse?

6. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Allan1967 for some people like myself the in-ear masker annoyed my tinnitus making it seem temporarily worse. Others are helped. This is such an individual thing finding what works for each of us.

I understand...remember way back when we first got this and felt the same way? I think we tend to forget after a while until we have a set-back of some sort.

Do you keep busy during the day? This is how I try to deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 1