Tearful on My Birthday

Discussion in 'Support' started by UKJon, Nov 24, 2015.

1. UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      I'm 53 today. What am I doing? Panicking and crying.

I really thought things were improving. I really thought I was getting used to some things like going out, working part time, socializing etc.

Lately, at night, I've been able to sleep without masking and been having some silent spells when calm at night.

Last night, I had a spike when I'm usually pretty quiet and this really threw me as I've not been getting them at this time of the day for some time. It was too loud to put my ear to the pillow and I panicked. So, on went the masker and in went the Valium. Two more Valium this morning.

My recovery was paper thin after all. An illusion. Smoke and mirrors. The whole of my 52nd year has been wasted because I've been held hostage by Tinnitus albeit mild. Is it getting worse?

I'm so disappointed. I was planning to go out for a meal on Friday with people from a social meetup group. I don't know whether I can now. My T often spikes when I'm out as well.

What to do.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @UKJon Don't beat yourself up we all have set backs just try to get your mind back to thinking positive thoughts. As far as Friday goes go out and bring ear plugs if its gets loud just use the ear plugs ...its not good to isolate ourselves that tends to bring on negative thoughts so go out try to enjoy your birthday. I try to always tell myself to "be kind to your mind"
      Happy birthday

Carlos

• Like Like x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Happy Birthday Ukjon,
      Spikes do test us at times but be strong they will pass in time.
      Don't let it spoil your Birthday and have a lovely glass of something nice later.
      Hope you get to go out Friday as the best thing is to have fun and push hard for the good things in life...chin up and a Big hug for your special day...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi UKjon
      Happy Birthday mine is on Thursday. We Saggis have an optimistic outlook on life even in our down times so try not to let the T get the better of you. Even when we are down as you know where's soon back up again. Although everyone is different I don't believe it's a good idea for you not to use sound enrichment at night. Sound enrichment isn't masking tinnitus. One should never mask or totally cover-up tinnitus, otherwise, the brain will not learn to habituate to the T. If you haven't got a sound machine to use at night by the bedside I advise you to buy one. Oasis sound machines are one of the best. Please read my two posts which you might find helpful. Please click on the links below. An introduction to tinnitus & Tinnitus and sound machines.

All the best and take care
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/an-introduction-to-tinnitus.12100/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/sound-machines-and-tinnitus.12072/

• Like Like x 2
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Screenshot_2015-11-24-17-26-24-1.png

6. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I'll be turning 32 on Dec 5th.. Never would I have thought I'd be suffering from tinnitus. From one day to the next, BAM!