Tinnitus and Panic Attacks from Cocaine Overdose

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by peter91, Jan 22, 2020.

1. peter91

peter91 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      coke with anabolic steroids + HGH
      Hi guys.

End of November 2019 I had a cocaine overdose and survived but it left me with moderate tinnitus and panic attacks.

I do sports and was on a long course of steroids (testosterone, boldenone, oxandrolone) + growth hormone.

Stopped the steroids course. Won't even touch cocaine in my life again. Nor steroids.

Completed hearing tests and everything is OK. MRI didn't show anything.

Panic attacks stopped and tinnitus is mild-to-moderate nowadays. Hope it will stop in future but getting used to it.

Hugs.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peter91

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bumping up:

Tinnitus is still mild-to-moderate, but I actually went to doctor for treating anxiety disorder. All this time I actually felt that my brain was somewhat "heavy", tension in my head, a burning sensation in the head... and discovered it's all up to anxiety. So basically I developed anxiety disorder after overdosing on cocaine.

Took Atarax for 2 weeks as doctor prescribed, it didn't change tinnitus significantly, although I felt some interaction. Would say in the beginning it was a bit worse and later on better than usual, but very close to baseline.

Now doctor actually want me to take gabapentin, which I am VERY afraid to take, also it is listed in ototoxic drugs.

I actually don't know whether to accept this treatment or pass and ask for a safer tablet (does it even exist?...)

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @peter91 -- A person never knows whether a drug is going to cause or exacerbate tinnitus. Doctors almost never tell you it's a possibility, and a drug can injure your ears even when it's not listed as a side effect. I always try as many natural approaches as I can run across or think of before resorting to taking a drug. Regarding anxiety, I started a thread which has information and links to some of the best information I've ever run across. Here's the link in case you'd be interested in checking it out. -- Best...

Three Supplements to Treat Severe Anxiety Symptoms

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peter91

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Lane thanks, I replied to your thread. Very interesting, thank you for sharing!

I might consider going for it...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peter91

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      8 Months with tinnitus: update

Tried Gabapentin 300mg 4-5 days, felt drunk all time and on third day realized I can't recall some words, lol. But the worst thing, unbearable for me, was terrible extrasystoles. Like, heart was turning over each hour, and sometimes do a punch that would shake me. The more I used Gabapentin, the worse it gotten.

As of tinnitus, I noticed some interactions, and sometimes thought it was improving.

Had to quit it, unfortunately, because of heart reactions.

Doctors suggested using Seroquel (25mg at night for anxiety), but again in doubt of its' safety...

Currently, I am on 4th day of Stresam (150mg / day) (Etifoxine) and... I noticed little improvements in anxiety and tinnitus. Without side effects.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Kirstystired

Kirstystired Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I hope things improve for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Ein_Gebildeter

Ein_Gebildeter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cocaine?
      Same experience here, after using cocaine for some time I started having a tinnitus. Does not get worse (but also not better) when I don't do coke, but after some lines it gets most of the time worse, or changes. Seems difficult to find others who experienced this

• Hug Hug x 3
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peter91

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Haha, yes. I found only a few anecdotal stories of getting tinnitus after coke... so looks like we're the "lucky" ones.

Luckily I didn't find any information about its' worsening for "lucky guys like us".

Moreover, it improved significantly in most cases after couple of years.

I assume it has to do something with Dopamine and Serotonin chemical balance / vascular degradation.
      Please don't touch the stuff. The trick with coke is that you never know when your heart is going to just say "that's my stop right here". I'm telling you I thought I went for "this dosage" many times... Still fighting anxiety after overdosing. Though I did some amazing work these times, it wasn't worth it...