Well I've Been Having a Hard Time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Thissucks..jenn, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bunch of b.s from cosmetic injections
      This ringing started about 2 weeks ago, will be 2 weeks on Friday. Only right ear affected.

At least I have Valium to help me sleep. I've been stressed and lost a lot of weight. Seen an ENT in Coronado on a Sunday, opened just for me, saw pus in middle ear on right side. Gave me Augmentin, was on for 5 days, same crap, went to urgent care, gave me some antibiotic shot in hip and a PAC since my ear drums were red have 3 more doses to go.

Next step CT of sinuses then the Eustachian tube thing to get the pus out probably the cause but it's driving me nuts. Crazy!!!

Wake up to it every morning hoping I'll wake up it'll be gone nope still there ughhh.

What should I do steroids I'm desperate. I had a dermal filler Juvederm placed in radix of nose causes me swelling problems had it reversed with something called hylenex 3 days after hylenex I had headaches with ringing in ear hylenex not ototoxic.but the Juvederm caused me eye problems which went away after hylenex to get rid of it but now I have this ringing suckssss what to do.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think that a couple of months after your underlying health problems are resolved, your T ought to fade and disappear.

Be careful with Valium - it is addictive. If you keep taking it, you will need more and more of it to get the same effect on your sleep.

3. Ben In SD
      Balanced

Ben In SD Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      I agree with Bill. If you give your body some time to heal, then maybe the ringing will subside. In the meantime, stressing about it will only cause more anxiety...and ringing. I know it's hard to not think about since it's a new and intrusive sound, but focussing on the ringing will only make you more stressed out. I've been there.

One way to take your mind off of the ringing is to do things that make you happy. I see that you're in San Diego...I am as well. One thing that really helped me out when I was struggling with Tinnitus was to just get outside. We live in an amazing city and have access to some beautiful weather 24/7. Go to the beach, go on a run in Coronado, go shopping in La Jolla, go on a hike in Cowles Mountain...whatever you like to do, try to get outside and enjoy San Diego.

Also, in regards to sleep, that was my biggest struggle. I was so scared that I was never going to sleep again. I was taking all kinds of meds and trying a ton of different remedies. But over the course of about three months, I was able to get used to the ringing and now I can sleep through the night (without any meds)...and even with the loud and constant ringing in my head.

I know it sucks, but try your best to stay positive and know that it does get better over time.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @Thissucks..jenn ,

@Ben In SD and @Bill Bauer are correct. Give yourself seem time to heal. Let the doctors figure out what needs to be done. Your tinnitus is still very new, and if you look around this forum, most people find relief (it sometimes takes time, but most do seem to find relief).

Ben is also correct in that staying positive will help.

@Michael Leigh wrote the following, excellent post on the importance of positivity:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/is-positivity-important.23150/
      and the following on negativity and tinnitus
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-and-the-negative-mindset.23705/

And, @billie48 wrote his success story demonstrating how positivity helped him habituate.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

Also, Ben's suggestion about doing something you enjoy to take your mind off of it is another worth following. If you read through the posts here, many people find that engaging in hobbies, exercising, or even taking a walk can help get their minds off of their tinnitus. That helps with the anxiety that tinnitus can cause, and anxiety can feed into and make tinnitus worse, so the simple action of reading, walking, or what ever you do for fun can help immensely.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      Red ear drum? Gunk in middle ear? If your tinnitus is due to Eustachian tube / middle ear issues like mine is...

I've read lots of stories. The good news is that it will probably go away or at the very least fade significantly. The bad news is that this can take a while (weeks/months), and you have to figure out how to deal with it in the meantime. There's no quick fix, healing of the inner/middle ear structures after inflammation is rather slow and tinnitus is very stubborn! Supposedly a corticosteroid nasal spray, applied correctly, can help it along.

I found sound enrichment very helpful early on. Find some background noise that makes it easier to take your mind off of the tinnitus. Nature sounds (running water, rain, crickets) work well, and maybe just white or pink noise. I used the TMSoft White Noise app which has a decent selection of sounds and allows mixing them together, with a sound headband to use while sleeping...

Here's a success story that I like.

Good luck and I hope that you notice that it is starting to get better soon!

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for all the positive replies I've been thinking I can't go in like this and want to not live anymore but I have 2 kids to live for I need hope

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Should I just give in and try paxil? As I'm in a very bad depression right now I can't get out of

8. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Why don't you talk to a psy doc about it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Ben In SD
      Balanced

Ben In SD Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      And they need you too.

I have two small children as well, and when I didn't think I could live with this constant ringing in my head...I looked to my kids. In the end, they gave me the strength to fight back and take this thing on.

The first few weeks are seriously the worst weeks ever, but it does get better. You'd be surprised at what your brain and body are capable of adapting to. Just take things one day at a time.

• Creative Creative x 1
    10. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      There is a high chance that your T is going to go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi everyone still have the T 3 weeks and today will make it 3 days so far getting MRI or brain and inner ears I've been taking valium for sleep maybe that's not helping but it helps me sleep. Any positive feedback is appreciated maybe about how some t went away? Out of the blue?

12. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Jenn, it's Ruth from Facebook. Try the success stories bit on the forum

13. Nike

Nike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combination of Ototoxicity, Noise & Stress
      Hi Jenn, sorry to hear that about your condition. I was in your shoes a few months ago and I actually thought I was doomed but I'm a lot better today. Tinnitus is a lot quiet and and I got my life back! The scare, anxiety, sleeplessness, weight loss are all initial reactions to tinnitus but it will get better with time and you will have your life back. Pay attention to your body and stay away from anything that aggravates the condition. Eat healthy.Try including garlic, onions, olive oil and other anti -inflamatory foods in your diet. You can try chamomile tea with lavender for sleep instead of valium. Medications usually leave other side effect in our body. Also, try to stay busy without over exerting yourself. The distraction can do you a lot of good and help your healing. Trust me, you will get better with time. Tinnitus healing can be a very slow process but it gets better with time if you believe. Above all, pray.