10-Month Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by MickV, Sep 1, 2018.

1. MickV

MickV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      The real truth!

Like all of us, I was looking at this forum to find someone that says loud and clear; yes tinnitus is gone 100% after a rock concert. I did not find any post of this nature. Habituation to me is not a success story, it is a compromise to a condition. Healing 100% is a success story.

I am sorry to let you all know that my tinnitus is still going on. My tinnitus is lower in volume of what it used to be off course, and the volume is reduced over time, but it is still there. The sound of it is like an electric fence along with sounds of an outside whistling wind and crickets. It is annoying and uncomfortable say the least.

I am honest as it can be, if you have tinnitus after a rock concert, it will stay for your rest of your life. Nothing is going on in the medical field that gives us a soild ground to believe that something is out there for us soon.

You really think that electrods of student from Michigan university will cure you? We need a chemical pill! And we do not see it in the future.

I am sorry for this brutally honesty but it is true. Maybe in 20 years will be ready to fix this crazy condition. I think it is crazy by itself that how come there is no treatment for it so far...

The reality is: no we do not have anything in the near future that gives us hopes and if someone disagree then he is dreaming without solid grounds.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MickV

MickV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      i hear birds/whistling all the time! When are we going to have an effective treatment out?

When??? Help ;(

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Aficianado

Aficianado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I had tinnitus that started about a month after a loud concert. But I'm not sure the concert caused it. After 2 years, though, it is gone 100%.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MickV

MickV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock concert
      Can you share more details please??? Why we do not hear more people say their tinnitus has gone away?

5. Aficianado

Aficianado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I attended a loud concert in March 2016 and in late April or Early May, began waking up in the morning hearing it. It sounded like sleet striking a window pane in a winter storm. I thought it was due to a combination of earwax and shampoo bubbles popping in my ear, so I went to the ENT and had my ears suctioned. The T continued, however, and became pretty severe over the next few months, sounding like someone tearing thick paper inside my ear. I started using white noise to sleep at night and taking 250 mg magnesium every day. Over the next year, it gradually began decreasing in intensity. Over the following year or so, it would disappear completely for a week or two and then come back in repeated cycles, but at a very low intensity so that I could only hear it in a quiet room. Eventually it went away and didn't come back.

• Like x 1
      • Agree x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    6. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      How long did it take to fade completely?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Aficianado

Aficianado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      From onset, I'd say it took about 2 years and 2 months to fade completely.

• Like Like x 1