14 Years Old and I Have Been Living with This Sound for 2 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lomo, Apr 4, 2014.

1. lomo
      Anime

lomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ?/2012
      I'm from sweden
      I got tinnitus about 2 years ago i don't know what date i got it, and i'm not even sure about how i got it.
      At first it was horrible. Several nights of not being able to sleep and sometimes it was so bad i would cry.
      Even though this was a huge problem i had never told anyone not even my parents.
      So i kept keeping it a secret and tried to think that it would eventually go away.
      about 1 and a half years late nothing had changed, i still heard the sound but it didnt bother me as much.
      I had almost accepted that it would never go away.
      So after i had accepted it i decided that i would just tell my parents this and go check it.
      just because i wanted know more about it. The doctors there didnt know what the problem was, some said i was biting my teeth when i slept and a few though that i listened to high music.
      Even though i never found out how i got it, one doctor confirmed that i had a sort of tinnitus sound after some sound test and told me about these therapy classes and medical things but i didn't take any of it, i thought that i had already accepted it and was always really calm about it, i could even fall asleep without problems.
      Since then i haven't been to any earclinics or anything.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I'm sorry you have to go through this at such a young age but happy you have found this site. There is a lot of good info here and very helpful people. From what you said you seem very brave, are you doing ok at the moment?

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lomo
      Anime

lomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ?/2012
      Yep i'm doing great! I try to not let the sound get to me and it helps being around people so i don't think about it as much.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1