15 Years of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vadim A, May 23, 2014.

1. Vadim A

Vadim A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Hi guys,
      Glad I've come across this forum, it's really a great place to get some support form all of you.
      As the name of the thread states, I have had T for over 15 years now. I have had mumps infection with complication resulting in the loss of hearing in the right ear. T hasn't troubled me for many years, except the last 7 years. Suddenly, at night I came to realize I have the noise in the near which is somehow loud now.

Last 2 weeks have been very bad for some reason, i.e. stress, work etc. I also felt the pressure behind the right ear (the bad ear). So i went to a private GP and guess what, it appears I have an infection in the bad ear. Hopefully that is why T has been particularly bad in the last few weeks. So I am on antibiotics now and since 3 days of taking the medication one day would be fine while the next day would be bad... This evening has been particularly bad, I am now taking Sanopax together with Pronanolol.

Despite everything that happens, I am a positive person, and I stay positive. Yes, there are bad days, but there are also good days. One thing for sure, I will now be seeing my GP every month to check on the ear to make sure I have no infection there. I have a feeling that I had a chronic infection there for many years, sometimes it would be very loud with a pressure behind the ear...

I am going to try carbogen sometime soon will see how it works. I know some people have great results, some people who tried it within a short time since the onset AND some people who had T for years - both successful. Hopefully I will be able to get some relief too. If not, I am pretty sure there will be some treatment available for everybody in the coming years. Stem cells will definitely be used for this some time in the future - trust me.

• Like Like x 1
    2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Vadim, nice of you to join us and share you journey of 15 years. You are exactly correct, when I have good days I enjoy them. I sure hope the carbogen helps. Where did others go for carbogen treatments How are you going to get it? Do you know what the mixture of CO2 and Oxygen used. I did a little reading about it, sounds interesting. Be sure and let us know how it works out for you.

I too believe stem cell will be the real cure, right now I would settle for a bandage just to keep the noise at a tolerable level. I am 67 so I don't think I will be around when stem cell is the normal treatment.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vadim A

Vadim A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Hi Gary,
      I do not have any information on the carbogen treatment at the moment. I have an appointment to see my doctor next Tuesday and I will get some information on carbogen. Not sure if my insurance covers T treatment actually, I heard that insurance doesn't normal cover it... and carbogen can be quite expensive. The only info I have is that you check-in to a hospital, you are not allowed to work and all potential stress-triggers are banned, i guess that includes your phone too. So you stay in the hospital for a number of days receiving carbogen several times a day or at least once a day (not sure) for several hours. My doc says he saw people getting some good results but it is not permanent. You need to do it every now and then - if it works.
      I will be discussing all potential treatments and help available, I found my doc just recently who seems to understand a lot about T. I will definitely keep everyone on here updated.

4. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Keep me posted , I have I month now, not sure how I got it , hope this works for, you, hope they find a cure for s soon, I also have dizziness and light headed, do you get this, Hope I don't have meneries . I am going for mri tomorrow, scared , don't like close spaces, hope I survive..thanks for listining

5. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      alifalijohn, glad you are getting the MRI. That is important to your case! You will survive! If you are super freaked out, make sure you let them know, and often they can give you a mild sedative to chill you out! I had one a few months ago and it wasn't that bad! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      do you get dizzy and wobbly from you tinnitus?.I started getting like that before my T and a few month after it started, pls I was on a plain for 14 hours, not sure that started it , would love to , and to get it gone , I guess so would all of us..keep intouc!

7. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I don't get dizzy, my T is neurological not physiological, meaning my T is due to some crossed wires in my brain. You T may have more to do with the workings of your inner ear (hardware problem, not software), which may be why you are experiencing equilibrium issues. The MRI should help detect that.