16/Male, and I Think I Have Pulsatile Tinnitus, Not Exactly Sure

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jayden Husband, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Hi I'm 16 and as of last week in been having a sounds similar to my heartbeat in my ear but it is only when in turn my head sharply to the left and it's only in my right ear

2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Ask @Karen

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Jayden Husband,

The sound of your heartbeat in your the ear could be pulsatile tinnitus. However, yours could be just a temporary condition. Have you had any ear problems recently, such as ear infections, etc? It is possible that it could have something to do with excess fluid behind the eardrum.

There are many possible causes for pulsatile tinnitus, but you shouldn't be too concerned at this point. My suggestion is to wait and see if the symptom continues. If, after several months, it hasn't gotten better, then you might want to see a doctor.

I have pulsatile tinnitus, too, in my right ear only. However, I've had mine for several years now, and it is constant, i.e., I hear it all the time, not just when I turn my head.

You might want to go over in your mind any recent changes in your health, such as weight loss or weight gain, ear problems, illnesses, blows to the head, etc., that might have brought on this condition.

Please don't worry; it is quite possible that this condition may go away on its own.

Best wishes, and please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Karen

• Like Like x 1