16 Year-Old with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GyroGlen, Jul 23, 2016.

1. GyroGlen

GyroGlen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but I think Ear Wax blockage
      Hello, my name is Glen.
      I am a 16 Year old boy with Tinnitus.

I am unaware of the cause of this, Most people will say "Because of your music" but I think ear wax blockage or perhaps something else, During February/March 2016 I gained some problems with my body which lead to me gaining ear discharge. I don't know if that is the cause.

But I would like to know how people calm their tinnitus down?? I do have a way but I would like to try other people and see if I prefer them

I just miss silence

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure, probably headphones
      Well, I'm 15 and I have tinnitus from loud music. It takes some time. I notice when I'm outside actually doing this I don't notice my tinnitus. I could do simple things like watch YouTube or go meet friends and eat frozen yogurt. There is nothing that calms my T down (that I'm aware of). Just distracting myself works fine, but takes time to start to chill out after you first get it. When I first got tinnitus it was hella loud but now it's gone down a lot. I still have a few spikes here and there but overtime they all go back to baseline.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure, probably headphones
      Have you had T since Feb/March? Or did it set in later? I got mine late February and after 1-2 months things took a total flip and things just got better from there. Right now I have a spike but instead of getting upset I decided to post a thread asking people about the best experiences they've had since getting T. I feel like it'll give me something to look forward to.
      There's this guy that has gone to Japan!! That'd be so cool!! If he can say fuck you T for a trip, I can say fuck you T for life.