2-3 Seconds of Loud Exposure — Further Damage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by LukeYoung, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Sooooo.... how harsh was the beating ?

lol

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      It scared the shit out of me more than anything, I don't see to have reacted to it apart from anxiety.

3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Try not to worry about it. Easier said than done, but the worrying part is often the problem itself.

I had loads of spikes, still do, but nowhere near the veracity of when I was overly anxious about it all. My mindset, when it comes to tinnitus, has changed completely. I no longer fixate on it; I just let it be. It's simply acceptance. Once you stop fighting it and using all your energy worrying about it, your situation can and will change.

The tinnitus will back off; it's a perception thing but it's very powerful once you tap into it. It's basically the whole 'back to silence' thing.

I know this seems impossibly hard, it took me ages, but next time you feel concerned or worried when you hear the noises in your head, stop yourself. Let the noise be but DON'T react at all to it. Just let it do its worst and carry on with your day. This takes all the strength in the world to achieve but it can pull you out of the negative cycle you are stuck in. Once this starts to unfold you'll notice that there will be extended periods where you won't think of your tinnitus at all. In fact, as this progresses you can go days and weeks without thinking about it.

Habituation is not a myth. Train your brain to get bored of the signal and in return your brain will stop pestering you about it. A lot of people reach this state naturally, but the more anxious of us, i.e. us, people who sign up for support forums suffer a lot more with it.

There are countless people out in the real world who could tell you positive stories all day long, but unfortunately the vast majority don't randomly sign up to forums to tell you about it. You only read the worst case scenarios imaginable.

Stay positive.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      That type of accident have had happen to me before man,
      and i have never experienced a permanent spike.
      you will be fine :rockingbanana:

• Like Like x 1
    5. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Maybe you should stop buying your kids air horns.

It was only a 2-3 second exposure that started my tinnitus, but that was a freak accident.
      I think you'll be okay.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      It wasn't mine, it was in my brothers room and I didn't see him get it.

Trust me, I wouldn't own one lol.