2 Months In and No Improvement in Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by rdz, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, everyone. I am still new to tinnitus, I'm on my second month, but I have not had any improvement. Will it always be like this? Is there still a decent chance it might fade?

Right now I have a cold but no spike so far in tinnitus. I have experienced 2 spikes since I got it, which I believe were due to lack of sleep. My ears still feel clogged and my right ear is still making popping sound when exposed to slightly louder sounds. Is this normal for people with tinnitus?

2. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Fading happens over months. It often starts about 4 months. Be sure to avoid further injury.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you been exposed to any loud noises during these two months?

There is still hope. Of course, if it won't begin fading after 3-6 months, it would not be a good sign.

4. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does the 3-6 months include only the spike or the first moments of initial tinnitus onset. A lot of people don't realize they have tinnitus until they notice it or if it gets more serious. When does the 3-6 months begin?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've been exposed to couple of loud sounds but they never resulted in a spike. By loud, what exactly would be considered loud?

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For many people, tinnitus is very loud during the first few months, and then it fades. So one would want to count the time since the onset of tinnitus. If one gets a spike, one needs to keep in mind that some temporary spikes last longer than three months. So if one's spike doesn't change for three months, at that point it would make sense to worry that it is a permanent increase.
      A blender, a vacuum cleaner, or a hair dryer are loud enough to cause problems for some (but not all, and likely not for the majority of) tinnitus sufferers.

You haven't experienced spikes, but perhaps those noises had interfered with your healing. Did the noises Feel unusually unpleasant to your ears? Did you develop ear fullness following your exposure to those noises?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Since I got tinnitus my ears are randomly feel full, sometimes its it's just one but other times it's both ears, It doesn't matter if they were exposed to loud sound.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sometimes there is a delay between the exposure and the time when one gets ear fullness as a result of the exposure...