4 Months with a Sore Throat

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by GMac14, Jun 26, 2014.

1. GMac14

GMac14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 30, 2013
      Well folks, I've had a sore throat for 4 months now. The only thing worse are the doctors that keep telling me it will clear up but do absolutely no tests. On the plus side, I'm too busy focusing on my sore throat to give a shit about T. It honestly doesn't bother me anymore.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      I had a real dry sore like throat from past nasal drainage for the first 6 weeks of T. The funny thing was I was clear and never congested or had a runny nose. I kept telling the Docs my ears must draining from allergies I suppose. The one thing I did notice was when my throat was dry while sleeping I would wake up with screaming T.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GMac14

GMac14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 30, 2013
      My T seems to be completely unaffected by my throat. It's just such a painful nuisance all the time. I have an appointment with my dentist in an hour regarding some pain I'm having in my sinus. Might be related to my wisdom teeth. Hopefully it's all connected somehow.

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I agree with @Jay M: Long term sore throat very well could be post-nasal drip. Can come from allergies, sinus problems, having a cold. I find using a prescription nasal spray, like Flonase, on a daily basis usually clears it up for me.

Good luck with your dental appointment -- although have you seen an ENT regarding your sinus, sore throat issues? A nasal endoscopy is not my idea of fun. But it will give the docs a much better idea of what is going on in there than just looking at your throat through your mouth or up your nose with that little flashlight thing.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GMac14

GMac14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 30, 2013
      I have gone to my ENT regarding it and he pretty much just checks for oral cancer and that's it. I would love an endoscopy but doctors in Canada are extremely lazy. It's more of a get you in and out as fast as possible type process. You almost need a life threatening disease to get any sort of treatment. Sorry for the rant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GMac14

GMac14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 30, 2013
      I've cut my salt intake ALOT since developing tinnitus. I wonder if I'm developing a goiter?

7. Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I once had continual sore throats and has antibiotics like different ones every time I went back to ent . Finally he says it's a deviated septum and I'm breathing through my mouth when I sleep andbhevsticks something in my nose to prove it . I did the operation and my sore throats have never ever returned . Didn't get T till years later