65-Year-Old Man Suffering with Sjogrens, Sudden Hearing Loss and Tinnitus in My Right Ear

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MBM, Dec 25, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. MBM

MBM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/15/2007
      65 year old man suffering with Sjogrens, sudden hearing loss and Tinnitus in my right ear for 7-8 years. Over time I had become acclimated to the Tinnitus. Very expensive hearing aids with 6"masking channels" also helped. In the past 6 months Sjogrens has become the real enemy as my condition is worsening. Three weeks ago I woke up with what I imagine was a second bout of Sudden Hearing Loss. Again, the initial one was many years ago. And,,,,,the Tinnitus has gone from something I had become quite comfortable to off the charts and totally unbearable. Years ago I tried high doses of Prednisone which was of no help and sent my Heart into a severe case of Atrial Fibrilation. Given that I can not tolerate systemic Steroids my ENT started me on Steroid ear injections two weeks ago. Two more treatments this time around. Time will tell if it is helpful.

I am a fortunate man with a terrific wife and a large family but all of this is really tough.
      I was most pleased when I found this site. Best to each of you.

MBM

• Like Like x 1
    2. Teri
      Artistic

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Welcome. I hope your treatment gives good results for you.