7 Months of Tinnitus, New Ear Symptoms Keep Appearing

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by canyonero, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Dear Dr Nagler,
      I started having episodes of high pitched T in my right ear back in early August 2014. About a month later I developed H. About a month after that I developed popping and clicking which I think is stapedius myoclonus.

I finally went to an ENT in December, he said my ears looked fine and had me do an audio gram with the audiologist which showed no signs of hearing loss, even though my hearing sounds messed up in that ear because of T and H.

Last month I started getting occasional vertigo, fullness and pain, so I have just about every annoying symptom in that ear now accept for hearing loss. The vertigo gets worse when I exercise and is now making it hard for me to jog.

I had thought the cause might be acoustic trauma, I went to a couple of loud concerts this summer, and I think it got worse after I let a weight stack slam pretty close to my ear in October which was very unpleasant, possibly because my H had already started. However I didn't start getting vertigo until 4.5 months after this.

Do you think my symptoms are some sort of progressive disease, or are they all separate problems?

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Obviously it's very hard to say, but from reading your post it does not seem to me that your vertigo is related to what you describe as acoustic trauma. Beyond that, it would be irresponsible of me to hazard a guess (even an educated one) without a thorough evaluation.

I hope this helps more than frustrates.

Dr. Stephen Nagler