9 Months In Soon and Waking Up to a Jet Engine

Discussion in 'Support' started by magiccat, May 20, 2019.

1. magiccat

magiccat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice Induced
      Damaging my ears has completely destroyed my life and I can't help to think of all the things I would be doing right now if I haven't got it. The fact that I did it to myself makes it all so sad. Even though I haven't noticed any improvement over the last 9 months I was hoping I was improving somehow anyway. But waking up this morning, being super tired, it was like standing close to a jet-engine. How did I end up here?! Trying to stay positive but everything has just lost meaning.

Just while writing this I felt a big sway in my head and I am thinking if it's because of my inner ear being damaged or if it's just the stress of all this.

If it could just start to improve a little bit I would be able to be more positive, but it feels like I am just stuck here and I can't imagine tinnitus being louder. When the sound is at its worst, I also have a feeling of it getting louder and louder and louder, even though its probably at the same level. It's going through the roof.

Sorry for the venting, I felt I just needed it.

• Hug Hug x 7
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      How are you getting on now? I hope you're feeling better.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      magiccat

magiccat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice Induced
      Hey! Well I am still struggling but I am much better than when I wrote this post. It goes up and down, sometimes I don't mind it sometimes its still very much a struggle. I feel like I have been a "worst case" though with terrible tinnitus and even I get better so I know time is the best healer. How are you doing?

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Benjaminbb

Benjaminbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely long term noise exposure, combined w pandemic stress
      Hey, good to hear you’re doing better.

When you say “jet engine,” what are you describing? A wall of sound like loud white noise? Or do you mean an engine/bass like sound?