A dilemma: Which headphones?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Flexi, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Flexi
      Stressed

Flexi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Hi all
      I have a dilemma. I have found an app that is great to help sleep. Its a rain sound app,
      I have used ear buds for over 10 years to sleep as i am a very sensitive sleeper. even the smallest sounds can wake me up.

I work nights so i sleep during the day.

the earbuds have helped until now i have this t to make things worse. with the earbuds in my ears the t is louder so i cant sleep.
      If i remove the earbuds i cant sleep because rest of the family in the house and tv etc etc prevent me from sleeping.

so im stuck in a dilemma. I wore conventional headphones last night and listened to soothing raindrops which helped me sleep after 2 days of being awake but they kept dropping out.

tried using speaker next to my bed doesnt block out damn creaking floorboards and people walking around the house.

Can anyone recommend any sort of headphones that will block out external sound like earbuds but remain in the ear to listen.

thanks

2. DanielJP
      Curious

DanielJP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      If you have the money to invest in these they are noise canceling. Get great reviews too. Don't know if they fall out or not though.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Flexi
      Stressed

Flexi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
    4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I have those new Bose in-ears. I wouldn't recommend them for sleeping though. You should invest in quality in-ear monitors like from Ultimate Ears. They even have options to take a custom mold of your ear and make a perfect fit in-ear just for your ear. If you want to know more about in-ears, read & search the Head-Fi community. My recommendation would be to use a quality active speaker in your room instead of in-ear headphones if just possible, but if not due to other distractions, then go with quality in-ears.