A High School Teacher Diagnosed with Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rosco99, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Rosco99

Rosco99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss
      Hi all,

I’m so glad a place like this exists. I’m relatively new to this and I really feel like I need to connect.

I’m a 39-year-old HS teacher from Massachusetts and I first started getting the ringing this summer. It has been constant ever since and has intensified over the last week to a point I’m really struggling to concentrate. Sleep has become an issue as well.

My ENT and audiologist diagnosed me with slight hearing loss (I’ve noticed my worsening hearing for years) this summer. I had never had my hearing checked out until the ringing started. Maybe I waited too long?

Anyway, I’m sure I’ll be more detailed in future posts but I just wanted to get this out there to introduce myself and say Hi!

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Renee W

Renee W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi Rosco,

I’m a HS teacher in San Diego and also got tinnitus when I was 39. I’m 41 now. I take a small amount of remeron (1-2mgs) for sleep. Something to consider trying. I sleep 9 hours per night and it doesn’t spike my tinnitus.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rosco99

Rosco99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss
      Thank you for this info, Renee. I will look at that. 9 hours sounds like a dream... no pun intended.

• Like Like x 1