A Message to Frightened 'Anxious Newbies'.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Gill Hayes, May 10, 2015.

1. ASD

ASD Member

hey vipul check ur inbox

2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Did you do anything that has a loud sound , or any stress in the past week before it started ?

3. Vipul B
      Frustrated

Vipul B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/30/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixed hearing loss, otosclerosis
      No. I had T which was so low that it hardly could be heard as if I didn't have any. Suddenly it became extremely loud. A week before it started, screaming, there was something wrong with my right ear. I used to feel pain when I woke up in the morning. After getting up, pain would go away. Also, the muscles below the ear near the jaw used to pain a lot. An ENT gave me some nasal decongestants, herbal liquid for inhalation with steam, B12 tabs and an antibiotic. The day which T started, I was only on B12 tabs and was completely normal. Also, when I push my lower jaw forward, my T increases. Dentist said my TMJ was normal.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is it possible that you clench or grind your teeth in your sleep? I'm convinced that's what's caused me a lot of these problems, and I have some thought that chronic clenching, especially for longer periods, might cause nerve compression or other issues that can lead to tinnitus (vascular insufficiency, perhaps, or just compression and damage?)

5. MonkLN
      Sunshine

MonkLN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04-2014
      I have exactly the same thing when i push my lower jaw forward. Also, if i tilt my head 1 mm to the right the high pitch tone disappears.. if i tilt my head to the left the volume increases.. Very strange..

6. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Yeah!!! A big thank you to all the Brits!!!!

7. Vipul B
      Frustrated

Vipul B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/30/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixed hearing loss, otosclerosis
      No. I do not have the problem of teeth clenching or grinding while sleeping.

8. Rob137

Rob137 Member

Thanks for this Gill, really needed a positive boost after developing this. I've barely been able to sleep this last week, and when I do sleep, it's in one hour segments. I thought this would drive me insane, but reading this has lifted my spirits a lot!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Andy70

Andy70 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Gill
      I read with enthusiasm your "Success stories" post.
      You mentioned the above quoted Dr. Nagler's article, but I can't find it in Doctor's Corner, all I found are Dr. Nagler's archived answers.
      Could you please help me to find it, I would really like to read it.
      Thank you,
      Andrea

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gill Hayes
      Happy

Gill Hayes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Hi Andrea, to be honest I don't know where you'd find it. Since Dr Nagler has left the site and his 'obstacles to habituation' was archived I can't find it either ! Let me try again and get back to you. x

11. Andy70

Andy70 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Allright then, thank you for your interest

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gill Hayes
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Hi Andrea, if you type in "obstacles to habituation" in the search bar at the top of this page it takes you straight to it. If you have any problems get back to me. x

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gill Hayes
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Apologies Andrea, I've just tried it again and now it's not there !!! :dohanimation: Very strange. Perhaps inbox Markku and ask if he can help. Good luck.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gill Hayes
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Aha ! Not one to be beaten I've found it ! Go to "forums" and type in Obstacles to
      Habituation in the search bar - on page 1 open the first post and it's there. x

15. Andy70

Andy70 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      OK found it, thx very much

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gill Hayes
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      You're welcome. x

17. Marc

Marc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 25
      Hi all. I've just joined this forum as I found the posts and people on here very helpful. I've just started to experience t. I don't no what brought it on. Only things I can think of is. I went in the pool on a recent holiday. And went under water. Only to have to come straight back up with water up my noise I think. The pain in my sinus for about 10 secs was horrid. Then I flew home about 4 days after that. And since I've been back I've have a high pitch wine in my head or ears. Also a lower one. Sounds like morse code. I went to my gp. And he checked my ears and nose and gave me a nasal spray called AVAMYS and he has also refured me to an ent. I'm hopeful that this sound will go. This forum is a real help. I'm really struggling with it. I find my self panicking sometimes. I'm trying so hard to stay positive.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gill Hayes
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Marc, there is a very good chance your T will go on it's own. Give it time, try to stay calm and give your ears/brain chance to settle down. x

19. Marc

Marc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 25
      I really hope so. I'm really trying to keep calm. I let my self down a few times. And have little panics. I've noticed a few people talking about how there t gets louder when they move there lower jaw forward. Mine does this to. Also my jaw has clicked for a few years now when I yawn etc..... I no I'm prob just pulling straws. But I have to pray this can be sorted. I'm waiting for my ENT appointment. Until then I'm trying to deal with it. I'd say one day at a time. But it's more like one min at a time ... This forum is a massive help though. Some fantastic people on here. Restores your faith in humanity.

20. Steve V

Steve V Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I suspect loud music over a number of years as a musician.
      After browsing a few forums I signed up to this one just so I could say thanks. After reading your post, I feel as though all is not lost.

21. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Thank you for the encouraging post, Gill !

I'm 6 weeks in and pretty much tried everything you did. Ha ha..

I researched a lot in Week 2 and also found encouraging stats that T goes away for 80% to 90% of sufferers in the first 12 months (as long as they stay away from extreme noises (like concerts) and allow their inner ears to heal).

I do break down once a week and have a few beers which makes it worse, however, I have cut back a lot on sugar which seems to be my trigger food (not really food but you know where I'm coming from..)

Nice to see a positive post on here for a change. Cheers to a healthier lifestyle and T going away in one fashion or another in 12 months! :)

22. Rodrigo Rivas
      Fine

Rodrigo Rivas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't really know
      I keep coming back to your story everytime I feel down or anxious, like right now, and somehow, it gives me peace and hope! For a long time (2 months hehe) I was afraid of accepting the fact that I have Tinnitus, and opening an account in here for me it seemed like giving up to Tinnitus. But now, my mindset has changed, I didn't give up, I'm just starting to fight it! And I feel proud of myself! And I wanna thank you, because me taking the strenght to start my account was in a huge part because of reading your story. I still get afraid, I still get anxious, but I know I will beat it and leave all of this behind me, and I'll have a fulfilling life. Thank you for being an inspiration to keep moving forward! :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    23. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

@Gill Hayes , I'm 4 months in, trying to regulate my emotions after T got the best of me. Thanks a lot for this post.

• Like Like x 1
    24. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Hello Gill,

There are many positive posts on this site, however, yours gave me the most hope and is going to allow me to stop concentrating on it.

I'm at 7 weeks after a loud concert and have been told 6 to 12 months before it subsides. -- The fact that you had a volume drop at 6 months (not gradual) is awesome.

Thanks! -- I'm printing out your post and am going to refer to it every time I get frustrated with Mr T.. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      This post helped me have hope and I literally joined the sight a few hours afo after having an obnoxious ringing in my ear going on 2 weeks. I'm almost 7 months pregnant so the anxiety is really getting to me. Knowing there is hope like this really helps. Thank you.