A Need for Advice Regarding Party with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dulberget, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Dulberget

Dulberget Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss of 50DB
      Hey,

26-year-old, suffered from sudden hearing loss 3.5 months ago and hearing recovered and fullness disappeared but still mild tinnitus that get it's spikes according to my activities, smoking weed for example.

I stopped going out to clubs and pubs almost entirely due to that.

This March my college has a 3-day spring break party in a few resorts. I'm a first year student. All my best friends are attending it's gonna be a good one..I'm afraid to go because I don't want to feel bothered about it if I will get spikes or carry the earplugs with me, it could be frustrating. The music is really loud there btw.

Should I go?

2. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      Get foam ear plugs, learn how to insert them correctly and live a normal life. You can still hear conversations but the plugs will give you the protection you need. Put the plugs in before you go and leave them in and it's likely nobody will even notice you are wearing them and I would bet you won't be the only one wearing them. Stay away from the speakers and step outside for a break if it's too much. Get a decibel app for your phone and measure the sound for some peace of mind.

• Like Like x 1