A Specific Tinnitus Tone That Gets Triggered by Anxiety and Stress?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CDNThailand, Jul 24, 2021.

1. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      I've had tinnitus since 2016, it was hell at first but I was habituated, until now...

With the lockdowns (curfew in Thailand now), no work and extremely toxic relationship, an old tinnitus tone has come back.

This tone used to come and go, when I first got tinnitus. But it always vanished, sometimes it stuck for about 12 hours or so.

But now it's been 24 hours, and it's not going away, so I'm starting to panic a little...

Anybody have the same thing happen, and do you think it will vanish again? This morning it left a couple of times for half an hour each, but it feels like it might be permanent this time... and that's frightening.

2. D5vid
      Angelic

D5vid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jaw Clenching / Neck Tensions
      Yes, if it vanished once, it will disappear again.

I see you've had TMJ disorders in the past, so you can be CERTAIN that stress has probably caused you to clench your jaws again as you sleep, tense your back and neck muscles, and give you a certain level of anxiety.

It'll certainly go away in time if you find ways to cope and relax, and find ways around your work and relationship problems.

I see you've posted this awhile ago, so I do hope you already feel better.