Acoustic Trauma, Young and Stupid 3 Times! (Maybe I Will Recover Again?)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 3times, Dec 23, 2019.

1. 3times
      Balanced

3times Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection2016/spike2018/acoustic trauma 2019
      Hello everyone and in advance sorry for my English which is not good (French are bad for that).

It's been 3 times that I have faced tinnitus and this time...

When I was young I had a lot of otitis but no tinnitus, I then had an ear infection when I was 16 years old causing a slight tinnitus, then a firecracker exploded next to me worsening my tinnitus for some months, then the tinnitus disappeared after 4 years.

So I started my excessively loud music again, even if life had warned me, but I no longer remembered the pain it caused, at 20, you quickly move on, knowing that everything was fine in my life. Did I have to hurt myself unconsciously?

So I had a new acoustic trauma, I didn't even bother going to the emergency room because the tinnitus didn't appear right away, and today I think it is quite serious, I can hear it day and night, and I have trouble to sleep even with masking sounds, and this has been going on for 2 months (I know that it is recent and that it can fluctuate).

It revealed a lot about my personality, and how I play with this wobbly world.

What keeps me going is that I had already come here without posting anything 4 years ago, and I see that research is progressing, before long we will have viable answers (I am thinking in particular of the FX-322 in my case because I have a slight hearing loss), especially since I think it is a lucrative market with the aging of the population and the number of young stupid people like me for an evening / concert...

But if I have to think about the present, it's very complicated, I am in a school where it takes a lot of work, and I find it hard to concentrate, the problem feeds itself.

I give myself 3 years (until the end of my course) to see if once again my body will have the capacity to recover, or at least be habituated.
      It puts all my life plans into question, but I have to think about the present.

Being Cartesian (which I didn't do when going to the nightclub btw):
      - I think I will be able to continue my studies with great pain if the tinnitus does not diminish and with the hope of continuing research into a tinnitus cure.
      - If it remains like this for more than 1 year, I will live a simple life in the mountains (I think tinnitus has revealed my real personality, I have been thinking about it for a long time and I can prepare myself for it).

I don't want to be stuffed with anxiolytics, anti-depressants and other bullshit that can make the tinnitus worse, for the moment I take sleeping pills, and I hate them.

If my condition improves, I will keep you informed, each human has that ability to heal himself, I try a multitude of things, especially hypnosis, even if the problem is purely mechanical basic.

I think people who have this kind of trauma like me or other disabling diseases can then have a vision, so "above all" I no longer think of equipment, money, relationships with others, even if I would have liked to avoid that, this very painful test once again allows you to mature and to be significantly less stressed about all the worries of everyday life.

Thank you for reading, sorry for the length of the text, it drifted towards introspection, I have thought a lot since the incident.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      May I ask, the tinnitus you had for 4 years, was it mild/moderate/loud?

I like your story btw, even if it’s too bad you developed this awful condition once again.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      3times
      Balanced

3times Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection2016/spike2018/acoustic trauma 2019
      T was very mild, I could hear it at night only, and I forgot it most of the time, after the firecracker it had increased well for a few months but had come back down.

I can not compare myself to others, I have not measured the power of my current T, I do not know if it is psychological or a beginning of habituation, but it is still slightly down, and 1 tones that me disturbed the most went down, today it looks like a high voltage line and a very high pitched sound.

Thank you for your answer, it's not easy and I would have liked never to have to go through this, but I know that I manage to do it, and I will do it as always ( and I wish you the same!;)), with the help of medicine or not, and I would have learned a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Badger19

Badger19 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It may seem bad now, but you will most likely habituate. Avoid overly loud places (and wear plugs when it's not possible to avoid them). Give it time. I simply sleep throught my tinnitus.

Living with tinnitus has not changed my life all that much. The biggest sacrifice I have to make is quitting clubbing.

• Winner Winner x 1