Advice — Are These Symptoms a Sign of Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amyw1997, May 4, 2017.

1. Amyw1997

Amyw1997 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For about 5 months now I've had a strange heart beat like sound in my right ear on and off. At the beginning I thought I had maybe an ear infection of some sort coming but it has never seemed to go away. S

ince the five months I have also noticed a lump behind my ear.

Is this a sign of pulsate tinnitus?

I haven't yet been diagnosed with it however I do have a doctors appointment on Tuesday and I'm hoping I find out a little bit more about this as I'm becoming to feel down about it and struggling to sleep at night.

I also find that I'm going very dizzy?

Does anybody know how I can help this and what questions to ask the doctor?

I'm completely new to this but can't continue with no sleep and a constant heart beat in my ear. Thanks x

2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hi @Amyw1997

You’re doing right. Get to those doctors, asap. I think I have a whole team of doctors on my side. I go to one doctor, they send me to another. Seriously, they do help me. And I really hope they help you. Sleep, a big issue.

I've read other forum posts about being dizzy, vertigo, heights, it happened to me too. I was on one of these super freeway overpasses, a big curve way up in the sky. I thought the car was going too slid off the freeway. I was scared. My fear of heights. And then the Grand Canyon, hell if I'm looking over that edge. I think some of these feelings have gotten better over time, still have T.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amyw1997

Amyw1997 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi @James
      Thankyou for the advice. It's been this past month or so when I've found that it has really effected me. And the lump behind my ear also getting bigger, I wasn't too sure what it was but as I've been reading more about this I'm more than certain this is what I have. Dizziness is also a huge issue for me as I'm a hairdresser so I'm on my feet a lot of the time and I am noticing it take a huge effect on that. I'm only nineteen and haven't really heard about this at all so I thought it would be best to join this website and find out more.
      Fingers crossed I get some answers on Tuesday.