After Starting to Use Temple Massager, My Tinnitus Is Slightly Better

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Pax, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Pax

Pax Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      I’ve stumbled upon a product called Temple Massager. It’s a simple non-electronic (no noise) gadget that allows me to ease tension in the jaw area.

I’m seeing a physiotherapist that has set me up with a number of jaw exercises all aimed to relieve jaw tension. It’s hard to isolate a specific factor but I think the exercises have given me some real benefit. I’ve now added the massager as part of my routine and it’s quite a nice experience. While doing the massage I tend to focus less on the tinnitus and more on the stimuli from the massage (any distraction from the tinnitus is a welcomed one!).

Since I got the device I’d say that my tinnitus is a little better. It doesn’t mean it’s due to the new massage routine, it could be a coincidence but even if it’s just the temporary relief I’m glad I got it and I thought I should add a post here in case it could benefit someone else.

2. Cbush

Cbush Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age loud noise
      How are you doing now? Any update?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pax

Pax Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Hi Cbush,

Thank you for asking. I'm mostly OK. I've continued with the exercises but it's hard to say how much of a difference they make. I have quite large variations of how bothered I am by my tinnitus but I've had a very hard time to correlate it to anything special.

How are you doing?

4. Cbush

Cbush Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age loud noise
      Thanks for responding. I had a severe loud and prolonged noise hit me a few weeks ago and my tinnitus is hitting me hard. I’m looking for any relief. Any thoughts on a remedy at least to soften the tinnitus? Anything that works?

Thanks and stay in touch.