Again Used Lidocaine for a Bad Spike, Also Took Clotiazepam — Maybe Need Antidepressants? Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by tinnitube, Oct 15, 2016.

1. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      Hello all, it's been a little while since my last post, but I read all the time.

These last four days I was having a little more powerful spike until today when it became really bad.

I had to use Lidocaine again to calm down the spike. It calmed like 70% of it.

I also had to take Clotiazepam 5 mg.

What a nightmare.

During the peaceful stage while using Lidocaine I felt normal for some minutes, was like landing again on a peaceful place, while being there for a while arriving from a 1 year and 2 months war. :(

I think I will have to start antidepressants because the tinnitus is giving me very dark thoughts but I'm scared the ADs can spike the tinnitus, so what to do? :(

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      If you need to take an antidepressant, research one that doesn't contribute to tinnitus. Your doc should be able to help you.

3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I agree when @DebInAustralia. If you need to take an AD, try Mirtazepine as it has a good track record for not causing tinnitus. It will also help you sleep at night.

4. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Please be careful with the antidepressants because they are habit forming. When you get off them you body will have BAD withdraw symptoms. If you feel yourself getting addicted, stop taking them. But of course, save some for bad spikes and for sleep. You should try and look into some oils to put on your pillow to help calm you. Any health store will have them. We are here for you. I hope your spike will die down soon. Stay strong.