Against the Odds for New Sufferers

Discussion in 'Support' started by daman558, Sep 10, 2013.

1. daman558
      Haunting

daman558 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      This thread is basically my attempt to compile a treatment regime for those who have just recently gotten tinnitus.

For myself I've started a treatment of HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) once a day for 5 to 6 days a week. 15 sessions in total, an hour and fifteen minutes each. Also I've started a strict diet of organic fruits and vegs only.

Aside from that I'm taking the following supplements: coq10 (ubiquinone) 400mg, magnesium tabs, zinc, super B-complex, finkgo biloba, fish oil, Curcumin (antioxidant), melatonin and camomile tea to sleep.

Since exercise is good for everything I'm also working out at least one hour a day 7 days a week.

No dairy, no gluten, no smokes or alcohol, no caffeine, and low sodium.

My tinnitus started 14 weeks ago.

There is no way to know if any of this will help, but EVERYONE agrees on the fact that the beginning is the only time it's worth even trying any of this. I would have started all this much sooner if i hadn't been wasting my time with an ENT and audiologist that told me not worry it'll go away on its own and prescribed me allergy pills. They really wasted precious time to seek other treatment with their useless advice, however we are never without hope.

Everything I've mentioned is pretty much the best thing to start as soon as possible. Good luck and godspeed :). I will update this thread to let you know my progress with these treatments.

• Like Like x 1
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Only one problem with doing all this stuff at once, Daman; if something works, you won't know exactly what it was that did the trick.
      I also would say the beginning is not necessarily the "only" time to try these things. But it is the best time.

And hey, the most important thing is to find something that works. Good luck! I'll look forward to your results.

3. observer
      Buzzed

observer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Hi All,

It's only been 2 weeks since my T started and I have been to 2 ENTs and 2 audiologists. Mine is accompanied with high frequency hearing loss which, as I just discovered, was caused by my old and noisy window air conditioner! I actually used to like that sound as it used to muffle all other sounds out but when I actually measured it with a sound meter just couple of days ago, it was a whopping 83 db and anything over 80 db for 8 hours a day would cause hearing loss.

Until couple of days ago, I was completely consumed with the T but lately I didn't notice it for longer intervals so I figured that maybe I was on the way to getting habituated and this thought actually scared me even more for some strange reason.

I have pretty much been doing what Daman suggests even before this thing started as part of a treatment for my chronic sinusitis since last 6 months. I also started taking probiotics in the form of Fermented Cabbage Juice and Young Coconut Water Kefir and putting them in my Neti pot which helped with my sinus allergies like nothing else ever had. For the first 10 days of T, I thought it was the probiotics and the candida die off as they list Tinnitus as one of the symptoms for candida and candida die off until I discovered my ac to be the real problem.

Anyways, the ENT says that there is an 85% chance this would resolve in 3 months time. The audiologist says there is a 50% chance and that I should just "ignore" it or it will get worse. From what I have been reading on the net, seems like this a permanent situation for most when the tinnitus is accompanied with high frequency hearing loss. Has anyone come across anyone with a success story that would support the doctors' theory on this site or elsewhere?