All Forms of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Burnsie, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Burnsie

Burnsie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi.

So, I've posted in the intro section, but am sure this will get more attention in here.

Essentially, I started with pulse T a few moths ago but it didn't really affect me and I didn't think anything of it.

A couple of weeks ago I had a normal cold. This past, but last week I started with the ringing (slightly different in both ears).

I am hoping to see my Dr soon. I am hoping that it will go away as its a result of my cold. I am hoping a lot.

I am scared to death about "what ifs". For example, I had some dizzy periods recently, nothing major. I feel pressure in my ears, again, nothing major..... but what if!!

Anyhow, it is normal to have different forms of T, or one form progress into another?

Regards
      B

2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Fear and anxiety can exacerbate an existing T condition. Even to the point of causing or sustaining a spike. So, you definitely want to stop or at least reduce the "what if" scenarios you are thinking as much as possible. Why worry yourself into a highly anxious state about something(s) that might never happen?

There's a very good chance that this is just a temporary worsening due to the recent cold you had. I have had my T change and/or get worse for a while after a head cold. I think that it will eventually go back to your previous base.

Don't worry so much!...:)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Burnsie

Burnsie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi .JimH

The thing was....I had no base, this is the start for me. Got a Dr appointment today though.

Managed to mask the t last night to the point where I'd hoped itd gone. And there is/was progress....my right ear seems have be a lot better....

Left ear a lot worse!!!

These things are sent to try us!!

4. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      This was the part of your original post that led me to believe you had T before experiencing the head cold.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Burnsie

Burnsie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ah, suppose you're right, just didn't see PT as true T as it didn't effect me thisthe ringing