An Integrated Approach to Tinnitus Management

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Valentin, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      • Informative Informative x 4
    2. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Where has Auris Medical stated that am-101 works best for acute tinnitus?

I believe thay have said they have no reason to believe it's less effective for chronic sufferers. But "they have to draw the line somewhere" when recruiting.

And there are so many storird about people having T for over a year and then having it go away, I don't think there is nothing that can ever be done just because you hit 3 months

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      you might be right about the fact they decided to draw a line only for the purpose of the clinical study, i can't find anywhere auris medical stating it's best for acute neither that it should work for chronic sufferers aswell.

4. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      @Markku got a mail from the boss there, Thomas Meyer, and Meyer somewhat vaguely insinuated that it could very well work for chronic sufferers, as there was no decrease in efficiency after one month or two months for that matter. There was no statistical difference between the 1 month group and 3 months group.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    5. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      How hasit been estimate that 10-20% seek medical attention? How can you calculate a missing 80-90% when they havent ever shed light and sought medical attention? Theres a math formula for the oddest things, but I know my brother for one has great tinnitus, without it being written down anywhere but my saying :)?

And thanks erlend for keeping legit hope alive. It was a nice message im sure cheered up many!

6. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Epidemiological studies most likely. Randomly choose 10 000 people, give them a questionnaire, and see how many report having tinnitus and how many of those have sought medical attention for it.

Markku

7. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      most likely, youre probably right! would still like to see te official measument. It seemed like vicinity didnt matter, but who knows, 80-90% givw and take, the more seeming to have it, the bettr!;) lol at these typos, power of a tablet!

8. Piper the great
      Amused

Piper the great Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Since I got the T, I have met several people close to me who have it, and they never said a word about it before I mentioned mine. So I think its grossly unreported, since they are told to just live with it and they do. But time seems to be the only cure at this point, not a perfect cure but the only one we seem to have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    9. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1