An Interesting Test: Would a Person Still Hear Tinnitus Sounds After a Week of Playing Them?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MikeGreen, Dec 15, 2016.

1. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      What if you gave a person without Tinnitus earbuds with sounds similar to Tinnitus sounds. Make it play for a day-week long. And at the end put them off.

Now, would this person still have the Tinnitus sound in his head?
      When will the sounds stop?
      Or will they stop at all?

Have you ever had that moment in which you listened to a song so many times, you could hear it all day in your head? What if the Tinnitus is long gone, but your brain is recreating the sounds? Or does it amplify it?

Its a shot in the dark, but if you want results you need to research everything.

2. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      What? No. If it is played at a moderate volume they will not hear true T forever. If you experience true T, you would know that listening to a pure tone for a long period of time at a moderate volume is not the same.

And having a "song stuck in your head" is nothing nothing nothing like hearing T.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Tinnitus is like your ear singing a crappy song to you all day... not hearing a song in your head.

EDIT: no offense...just being real, having/hearing T is not comparable to listening to a tinnitus like tone in my opinion at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      I didnt take it as an offense. This forum gives space for sharing ideas and if you do, you should expect replies. I just wanted to discuss it. Never said I was a doctor.

5. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      I understand that, so hopefully my response is suitable. Experiencing T, is completely different from listening to a T like tone externally. I suspect many others think/feel this as well.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Yes I understand.

7. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Of course, you would never know what it's like until you experience it.