Another Newbie to This Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cbeman, May 15, 2015.

1. Cbeman

Cbeman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hello everyone, my name is Chris. I've had tinnitus for 10 years and some days it's the worst. I have several factors that could be causing it such as TMJ, allergies and a lot of stress. After a four hour test at the University of Buffalo, it was determined that the culprit was most likely stress and not years of loud music. However, I have not been faithfully in trying to relieve my stress, change my lifestyle or do exercises to relieve the TMJ. I think part of me is afraid that if I do all these things and the Tinnitus is still there I will be lost. The other big thing is how stressful I get at concerts. Even though I wear earplugs I will always have panic attacks thinking that it is getting worse and usual end up leaving. But with all the research being done and finding positive stories I know one day it will be better. The anxiety is the killer part for me.

2. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Hi Chris

If you want to be completely protected at concerts, use ear plugs under ear muffs. Double protection will serve you well.