Another Year Gone By — My Tinnitus Is Not Better

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tweaker, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Another year has gone by, fellow sufferers. Unfortunately, as seems to be the case each year, my tinnitus is louder with a more complex concoction of sounds. Each year we hope it will lessen but that has not been the case for me. It would be nice to hear of others whose tinnitus has improved after a few years. It will soon be 8 years for me and I wish my tinnitus was like it was back in 2010 as I could now easily cope with that level.

It sure is a horrid condition and I hope some progress is made in the scientific R&D world (to which I belong) for us tinnitus sufferers.

I hope we can all still have some joy this Christmas, despite our infirmities.

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. Joel Waterman

Joel Waterman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones/speakers and/or water damage
      Sorry about your T getting worse. Major bummer for sure.
      I'm with you in spirit, and hope that it will change it's course either on its own or due to new research.
      Merry Christmas & may you stay strong and find peace and joy this Christmas and throughout the coming year :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Going on 7 years years for me and T has not improved. (Actually it's gotten worse within the past few weeks.) Just want to let you know you're not alone.

4. Allen Y.

Allen Y. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      18 months for me. It goes typically 2 ok days, 2 bad days, with better trends of week here and there. But overall, hasn’t gotten better at all. :(

Much more adept at handling this hell, but hell it is. I am reminded how fragile my existence, my experience as a human being is everyday.

In some ways, that does make me cherish my day today. But in other ways, it makes everything seem so pointless and hopeless too....

Anyways, here is to a better year... My Chinese medicine doctor tells me to take things one step at a time. Anything else is like the blind trying to see, he coyly reminds me....

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. Andrei90
      Depressed

Andrei90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud music (earphones)
      Sorry to hear about your T problems. I'm just getting started with mine and I already know I'm in it for the long haul. It kept getting worse but seems to have finally leveled which means my protective measures are finally working. My only hope is that the treatments we keep hearing about are finalized within a few years and perhaps it'll ease our suffering. Keep staying strong.