Any Bad Experiences with Contrast Dye (Gadolinium) for MRI?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lisa88, Mar 22, 2014.

1. highpitch

highpitch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ME. Worsened March 2016 after an MRI scan with Gadolinium
      I had an mri with gadolinium 2 weeks ago and my tinnitus is significantly worse since then, extremely high pitched, worse when I listen to music. Side effects I had during the scan with gad was a very fast heart rate, an intense feeling of heat all over, and urge to sneeze. I also had a major anxiety attack the morning after the scan, out of the blue.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Song interpreter
      Creative

Song interpreter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      I had a CT scan yesterday with and without contrast. I was concerned about reactions to the contrast. The most common reaction, according to the tech, was hives. Sure, many feel the warm sensation in the body, but my concern was reactions, not sensations. After a good and satisfying conversation with the tech, I decided to go ahead. The contrast was iodine, which I know can affect thyroid, which is an issue for me. I came out fine! But now, I notice how loud the ringing is! Maybe doubled! I need to drink more to get this flushed out. The sound of the machine didn't seem to be an issue.

Are there more issues involved that I may have missed?

3. stormiii

stormiii Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, Lisa. Four years is a long time to get an inquiry. I was wondering how you fared from the MRI contrast. Did you have any long-term negative side effects? I pray that you are well.

I lost my friend this past month to NSF as a result of GAD toxicity. She did not have renal impairment at all as was once believed was the causation for this condition. In 2006, I lost my mother to NSF, formerly known as NFD (nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy). You are smart to question the safety of this agent. Since 2006, much has been discovered about the effects on people. NSF does not discriminate age, gender, ethnicity or health as was previously believed. There is much information about the dangers of this agent; however, you will have to scour the internet and weed out the information that is biased according to who funded the studies. The FDA now acknowledges that GAD (which is a heavy metal) is retained in the brain and tissues 100% of the time. The amounts vary from individual to individual. There are actually groups all over the internet filled with GAD injured people and a plethora of information to be obtained.

Hope this helps for any future considerations. Wishing you well. :)