Any Experience with: Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitors &/or Sodium-Glucose Transporter-2 Inhibitors?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by JimChicago, Apr 11, 2017.

1. JimChicago

JimChicago Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Drilling
      Anyone have experience with either of these? I'm especially interested if any NON-diabetics with T have tried these.
      • Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors &/or
      • Sodium-Glucose Transporter-2 Inhibitors?

I noticed that T grows loud after eating (even after low carb/low sugar meals) and I wonder if I can better control/minimize blood sugar and insulin, perhaps the volume of T will be reduced. (And/or maybe I can indulge in eating an orange or apple).

These two Type 2 diabetes drugs work differently than other Type 2 diabetes drugs in that they reduce blood sugar (and therefore reduce the need for the body to create insulin) whereas other Type 2 diabetes drugs stimulate insulin production.

• Sodium-Glucose Transporter-2 InhibitorsForxiga (dapagliflozin), Invokana (canagliflozin) and Jardiance (empagliflozin).
        • Sodium glucose co-transporter (SGLT) inhibitors are a new class of drugs which are used in the pharmacotherapy of Type-II diabetes, which happens to be a major risk factor for developing both micro as well as macro-vascular complications. These drugs inhibit the glucose reabsorption [by the kidneys back into the blood] by inhibiting SGLT, which exhibits a novel and promising mechanism of action by promoting the urinary glucose excretion hence providing a basis of therapeutic intervention.
        • https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4606572/