Any Ideas for Interesting Topics I Can Talk About for Five Minutes?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Georgia, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, I have to write this oral presentation for English Language and It has to have an element of debate to it then I have to speak it (in March I think) but I'm suppose to pick my topic in the holidays. Big problem with that is that I adore debating so much that I can't pick a topic, the topic I'm going to do (whatever it is) will probably be a bit philosophical (I love philosophy) most people will do stuff about video games, euthanasia, abortion etc these are good arguments however I'm going to go a little different, does anyone have any arguments about questioning life, religion, science, law, society, morals, behaviour etc?

Thanks in advance! I've spent weeks trying to find a topic but none of them have been right! :) So just throw ideas at me maybe it'll be the one meant for me, or it will spark better ideas in my very weird brain!

2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      One of the great spiritual and social policy questions: Do bad things happen to people for a reason like: "karma" (although "what goes around comes around" is not the exact interpretation of karma), the reaping of consequences for bad choices like poor diet and health decisions, punishment from God, retribution from some unknown source, etc? Or is pain and suffering just random? Or a mix of both?

But maybe you have something more focused in mind.

• Like Like x 1
    3. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      `Detrimental effects of disease on the human experience of a spiritual life`

how disease creates suffering, and what we lose when we suffer ... how certain diseases (like T) seem harmless but have a huge effect on the experience of life ...
      how we as human beings should provide good living conditions for each other so we are equally able to search for deeper meaning in life ... cause when your hungry and sick you will only have food and disease on your mind ...

maybe ... ;)

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you guys! You have definitely given me a lot to think about, when I get back to school I'm going to ask my teacher what he thinks I'll do best with!