Any Supplements or Medications That Would Be Good for Noise-Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 12, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I have managed to reduce the whilsting and tonal tinnitus I got from a medication overdose but the previous December I got noise tinnitus which is a winding type and clicking type sound with some static.

Any recommendations?

It puts me on the edge sometimes if my brain is in a certain condition like depression or irritability.

Interestingly, if it was just the whistle I think I would be great because I could turn the maskers on and even though the whistle would be there it would not interrupt my maskers like in the past.

Benzos do not work right now as I have developed tolerance. I doubt anything that works on the GABA receptors will work now either because I tried Gabitril which prevents GABA reuptake and the whistling got louder.

I believe if I hadn't developed a tolerance to benzos which work on GABA receptors that would not be the case for that medication.

So, if you know of any other type supplements or medications that have helped you please let me know. :) It's not the end of the world though if I don't find something ;)