Anyone "Cured" Their Tinnitus by Treating Their Teeth?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fleegle, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Fleegle
      Doubtful

Fleegle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just asking because I think I have a sensitive tooth that is located where I have always had jaw pain - at least as long as I have had tinnitus.

Are there any success storied from anyone about "fixing" their tinnitus by fixing their teeth: removed, filled, cleaned or cared for in any particular way?

2. Mal58

Mal58 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise? Headphones?
      The tooth nearest my Tinnitus has been sensitive for years, my new dentist decided to give it a crown (finishing the job three hours from now!) I asked him if it might be affecting my Tinnitus and he said, "Maybe, but ears are not my area".

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if the Tinnitus reduces eventually ... it hasn't in the two weeks I've had the temporary crown. But I don't really think it will have any effect on the Tinnitus; if it did, then dentists would be drawing in lots of customers suggesting dental work cures Tinnitus!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fleegle
      Doubtful

Fleegle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had a dentist tell me they had taken out all teeth at customer's request and it had done nothing for T.

It is interesting because I have had teeth cleaned and after leaving the chair my T vanished.
      It could be two things:
      1. I tend to over arch my neck back when lying in the chair - so could be a neck thing
      2. Some of the clean consists of (ahem) "problem areas" - that are resolved by electric drill-type thingy

• Like Like x 1
    4. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hygienist
      Did they use the ultra sonic scaler to clean your teeth?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fleegle
      Doubtful

Fleegle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Phat Tuna -- no I think it was an old school rotary drill type thing. Certainly uncomfortable.