Anyone Get Temporary Spikes When at a Concert or DJ Event?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ricky81, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      I have had T for 3 months now. My T has gone from Tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt sound to a whoosh sound in both ears since last month which I guess is somewhat good news.

However I went to wedding DJ event last night and my T spiked up to Ttttttttttttttttttttt sound while I was at the event and for approximately 1 hr afterwards.

Today its down to whooshhh.... low sound.

Anyone have any advice or had any experience with such incidents?

2. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      I hope you were wearing ear plugs! From now on, you really need to wear ear plugs at all loud events. Below is an example of a decent one that is reasonably priced; but you can go for the custom-made ones which are quite comfortable if you regularly attend concerts and other loud events. In general, I'd minimize the number of loud events I'd attend, especially for the first six months while your ears heal. And perhaps you want to try the AM-101 trial if it's still open.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3Z44RM/?tag=tinntalk-20

There are lots of reasonable ear plugs on Amazon.

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Probably should stop going to the concerts as they have a strong chance of making you tinnitus worse.
      I mean is it really worth a few hours of fun for worse tinnitus?

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Yes, I got a spike for about a day after spending one night in a bar without protection

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      I would never go to a concert .I try to avoid loud bars if I must go then I wear v good ear plugs .
      It's way too awakward wearing these stupid ear plugs at a bar but got no choice .

6. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Uhm don't go to those too early, I used to have it in like the first few weeks, I would go to school and the class room is loud so it always made my T spike.
      But it always went away after some quiet time, the best part is my ears adapted and now loud sounds don't spike my T in the least bit.
      For instance while we were playing basketball a friend of mine accidentally shouted near my ear, I thought "fuck fuck fuck here comes eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" I got worried but nope, nothing.
      You just have to give your ears time, nerves take a lot of time to heal, I don't mean heal as in regrow new hair cells I mean just like when you pull a muscle it's overworked and soar and sensitive, same things with your ears, this is the main reason why some people who get Tinnitus also get temporary hyperacusis the nerves are still soar and sensitive.
      Mine are still sensitive I can hear sounds that I couldn't before, the bad thing is that those sounds are the beeping ringing kind of sounds but it's fading as I let it go more and more.
      I don't suggest you go to those kind of events more in order to force your ears into it just wear earplugs when it's really loud but slowly get back to somewhat loud sounds, if you notice that after a while your T doesn't spike GREAT if you do then it just means you'll need more time.
      Also a good idea is to get all the right minerals and stuff.
      Magnesium, Zinc, B12 these are the ones that help the nerves in your ears.
      There's a doctor or something that knows how to combo these things I can't remember what it's called.
      My best suggestion is get a blood test and stuff to see what you have in good amounts and what you lack.
      You wouldn't believe how much bad stuff happens when you're low on Magnesium.
      It'll pass in time, I'm sure of it.
      Best of luck :)

• Winner Winner x 1