Anyone There with SSHL and Positive Outcome?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dominic1955, May 30, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Dominic1955

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Waverly, Pennsylvania
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Anyone there with SSHL and positive outcome, especially with tinnitus ?
    2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Define positive outcome.
      My life was better before SSHL. I could tell which direction sound was coming from. I could keep track of multiple conversations in a crowded room. I could play music, and that provided a creative and social outlet for me. I could enjoy the peaceful sounds of nature without distraction from tinnitus. I was happier in my old life.

But....I don't cry anymore. I'm not afraid of tinnitus now. I'm not angry about my situation any longer. Is that a positive outcome?
      I'm not nearly as selfish as I used to be. I find the strength to carry on because that is what other people need from me. They need my love and I am able to provide that. I think that is a positive outcome.
    3. hartje5

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      A close friend of mine has SSHL and tinnitus. He was very depressed, got into counseling and started using Saint Johns Wort. When he came out of depression started to train himself to get used to the T. slowly. Now he says he has "befriended" his T and it only troubles him when he has a cold or the flue.